chaos personified
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
has anyone else recently received a passcard 3 from winsunx?

I received my order today, and all 10 passcard 3's do not boot (turning on the ds with the passcard inserted brings up two white screens after the nintendo ds logo screen disappears).

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
Just out of curiousity.. why order 10?
incase ones dodgy i guess
tongue.gif

thieves like us

chaos personified
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
for all concerned, they go with the 10 supercards that I ordered. long story, however, as I stated none of the passcards load when turning on the ds.

I've tried them in 3 different ds systems; one original and 2 ds lites (one japanese from the original launch, and one from the us launch). I believe that this must be either a defective batch or simply they weren't programmed, as a passcard3 from an older order from winsunx loads just fine.

kvad

Trophies
Website
www.dynamitepig.com
XP
Country
Passcard 3 + SC CF here no problems. Only went white screen when i tried to boot a nds game from a flash2advance cart.

Used it to flash my DS Lite as well.
yaynds.gif

Oh, I put my order in on 11/06 as well. Got my stuff on the 16/06.

thieves like us

chaos personified
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just to clarify. the passcards do not produce the passcard logo splash screens aftering turning on the ds. powering up the ds goes from the nintendo ds splash / health warning screens to dual white screens and then locks up.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm.

I've heard about this PassCard 3 with no boot screen, but there doesn't appear to be any difference outwardly to tell whether a PassCard 3 will or will not have a boot screen. The people reporting about one without a boot screen invariably have problems too.

I wish I could get more information on this. For example, WinSunX is now stocking a "PassCard (New Version)" with a pink design on the label instead of orange.

Argh!

thieves like us

chaos personified
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm at work now (and don't remember if the label was orange or pink), and I can swear that I tried test out the supercards (even though I wasn't getting a passcard splash screen). still awaiting a response from pinky at winsunx. hopefully, the matter will get cleared up soon so that I can move my supercards.

edit:
I will retry again once I get home tonight with both a supercard and an M3 and see if these are, in fact, the newer pink version passcards.

mxlaser

Trophies
XP
Country
Just to help, i've got an AUS release DSL. Passcard 3 has orange logo.

If i boot without a flashcart in the GBA socket it does white screen, but in it boots.

Are the DSL's your using already flashed?

thieves like us

chaos personified
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no, none of my systems are flashed. (what would be the point of the passcards, if that were the case?
tongue.gif
)
and yes, I realise that without a cart (M3, supercard or otherwise) in the gba slot, that the ds will go to dual white screens, however I'm never getting a passcard splash screen.

so, I guess I'll have to look at see if I received the (new version) passcards with the pink labels and see if they do, in fact, boot straight to the supercard (or M3) without any sort of passcard logo when I get home from work.

edit:
well, don't I feel like the fool. even though the stickers are orange, it turns out that I received the [new version] passcard 3's from winsunx (which incidently boot up a lot faster
smile.gif

what caused my grief was trying to use a fat32 formatted mini sd card (last used in my M3) in my supercard which for some reason was causing it to not load properly. everything's all sorted (much to the relief of some people expecting some flash carts).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/2VSGYf0.mp4