BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Windows duel booted on my Mac Book Pro.

Heres the problem. When i boot into windows, I get partway through my desktop booting up and then BAM! i get a little error box with the red X icon.
The error says "Windows has encounted an error and needs to shutdown." It gives me a timer of 60:00 seconds and then counts down. In that time i can open stuff, but when the timer runs out the programs i have open die because Explorer gets shut down. Then eventually the computer shuts itself down as well.

Im not sure whether its a virus or an actual problem.
Solutions? I already tried doing a barrel roll.
frown.gif

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hold down the windows key and press R, alternatively start menu ->run. This should bring up the run dialog box. Type 'Shutdown -a' without quotes, this should cancel the timed shutdown.

Not a permanent fix, but it'll let you work and try to figure out what's wrong. Could possibly be a virus. There's a few that do this such as the Blaster virus. Make sure your Windows is up to date and do a virus scan.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlackDave said:
Rydian said:
Safe mode work?

YOU'RE BACK!!!
biggrin.gif

On topic: Try Safe mode like Rydian said.

Does the other OS boot fine?

Safe mode. I didnt think of that. Do i hold f8 to get into safe mode?
Also yeah OSX leopard works like always.

QUOTE(Edhel @ Jun 8 2010, 10:35 PM)
Hold down the windows key and press R, alternatively start menu ->run. This should bring up the run dialog box. Type 'Shutdown -a' without quotes, this should cancel the timed shutdown.

Not a permanent fix, but it'll let you work and try to figure out what's wrong. Could possibly be a virus. There's a few that do this such as the Blaster virus. Make sure your Windows is up to date and do a virus scan.

Oh good call as well. I shall try those as well.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
The only time I've encountered that symptom is on a computer that my brother managed to fill with all sorts of viruses. Took a few hours to weed them all out (through virus, registry and boot scans as well as manually removing a couple myself). Nasty business.

Maplemage

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
If the problem still is happening do a rollback, click Start and search rollback if you have windows 7 or vista, and follow it rollback the day when you didnt have the problem, but the programs you installed might be deleted I had the bluescreen of death D= everytime I turn off my computer the bluescreen of death comes and turns my computer on again so I rolled back and it was fixed =D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @GhostLatte approves