Hardware windows reports game size wrong on external hard drive

sparks97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have used wii backup manager to transfer 4 games iso's to a wd external hard drive formatted in ntfs, when the games were sent over it happened very quickly not like sending a file in windows which takes several minutes and if i check the drive after the games are transferred they all report as 4,589,824 each making a total of over 17gb but if i right click the drive and go to properties the drive only shows as using 1.09gb space, am i missing something here or is backup manager doing something to the iso.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Which manager are you using?

It's likely that the game size will decrease when transferring into an NTFS partition due to scrubbing when changing the format from .ISO to .WBFS, but it's unlikely that 17GB would magically change into 1GB.

Follow these steps:

1. Make sure the partition is Primary.
2. Re-format the partition.
3. Use Wii Backup Manager and Wii Backup Manager only.
4. Make sure that only the Game partition is copied over.

These steps will allow optimal performance.

sparks97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thank you for your reply, using backup manager 0.4.5.78, did as you advised and the end result is the same, all the games load and play ok.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thats probably ok
not many wii games use the full space
when transfered with wbm only the meaningfull parts are copied
by using either .wbfs files (fat+ntfs) or sparse .iso files (ntfs)

sparks97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
great thats cleared up, oh well at least i wasnt imagining things or have a fault with the pc/drive which was my first concern and my second was to make sure the game ripped correctly, just strange that winxp still reports the file as a full unmodified one but the drive properties tell a different tale, thank you all for the input.

sparks97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
file properties reports size a 4.37gb but also size on disc as 388mb (one example) all the other games do the same, file size and size on disc are totally different

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.