Windows phone?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by Ubuntuの刀, Jul 29, 2012.

Jul 29, 2012

Windows phone? by Ubuntuの刀 at 2:46 AM (655 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Ubuntuの刀
    OP

Member Ubuntuの刀 :^D

United States
    Why dere be no section for windows phones in general?

O_O

2. hatredg0d

Member hatredg0d GBAtemp Regular

United States
    not many posts about them so they dont get there own section? otherwise i think your posting where you should about them. but i think Apple and android products dominate the market right now. seems like there isnt much buzz over any other smartphones.

3. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Windows phones aren't really that popular. I never actually see anyone ever talking about them, not do I even see people in real life owning them. Most people own Android phones and iPhones.

4. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    It's simply because there aren't enough posts specifically about Windows Phone for it to warrant it's own subforum. If you'd like some sort of Windows Phone thread go ahead and make it here in the Mobile Phones & Media Players section.

At the very least I don't see a Windows Phone specific section coming along until Windows Phone 8 is released.

5. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    personally i love the UI for the windows phone, but the software and apps are generally poor compared to the robust apps stope and google play markets.

6. Ubuntuの刀
    OP

Member Ubuntuの刀 :^D

United States
    Bah, that sucks. I knew I shouldn't have gotten this until I did extensive research. Well I guess I'm stuck with this phone until someone releases a hack for it. I know there is one out currently, but it doesn't work with the Nokia lumia 900. Personally, I wish I got a different phone the day I upgraded(considering I didn't even get the tethering plan with it lol) I mean my mom and my dad get an Android and I get a windows phone. Wtf? They made a better decision and I know more than them xD

7. chains_of_androm

Member chains_of_androm GBAtemp Regular

United States
    no market share, blackberries probably have greater market share right now. wp8 might shake things up. wp7 was well designed and worked great even on old hardware. can't wait to see what wp8 bring.

8. Pleng

Member Pleng GBAtemp Maniac

Thailand
    Don't fret. Windows phone looks pretty cool to me, from the limited experience I've had with it. There are still plenty of apps and stuff, just look at the app store. Instead of being upset that you got the wrong phone and not many people are talking about it, spend your time playing with and enjoying your new toy!