Windows 8 desktop freezing?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by triassic911, Jan 10, 2013.

Jan 10, 2013
  1. triassic911
    OP

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    Hi. For those using windows 8, have you experienced freezing of the desktop and other metro apps? If so, any fix? I've rebooted plenty of times as well as uninstall anything I've recently installed after the freezing issue has occurred. Help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I'm running Windows 8 on my 5 year-old laptop, and I don't have any freezing issues. You likely have some sort of software or driver conflict. It might also be a hardware issue. Did you do a clean install of Windows 8? Do you receive any error codes? Are they momentary freezes or crashes? It could be any number of things, and it's likely not an inherent Windows 8 problem.

3. buyme107
    This message by buyme107 has been removed from public view by GeekyGuy, Jan 10, 2013.
    Jan 10, 2013
  4. Fluto

Member Fluto A potato in disguise

Australia
    I only experience freezing shortly after booting,but nothing more after, that's normal, but of the sounds of it you're having a different issue.
    Make sure your graphics drivers support windows 8, or any drivers for the hardware in your pc.

5. triassic911
    OP

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    I ended up reverting to Windows 7. Thanks guys.

6. ColeGingeyRamey

Member ColeGingeyRamey GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yeah if only i could with mine (revert) :/