Hakoda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm running a retail version of Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and I updated yesterday to Firefox 3.6.3. I also installed AI Roboform so that I could fill out forms faster to gain some extra money through surveys. I was surfing on Youtube for some survey taking tips when I get this random blue screen... The picture is attached below. So I thought it might have been a one time thing so I restarted. Ran Firefox and went on Youtube, BSOD. Restarted and did the same with Safari, no BSOD. Restarted into Safe Mode to uninstall AI Roboform, same problem. Reinstalled Firefox in Safe Mode and the problem stopped for a while until it happened again. I have no idea what it could since no new drivers or hardware have been installed in a while. For right now I'm going to install Firefox 3.6.2 and see what happens.

All help is appreciated. Here's the picture:

BSOD

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Rydian said:
Says NetIO.sys.

That's a shitty picture and I can't make out all the numbers correctly, specifically the main STOP code. Is that 3B, 38, 7E, what is it?
Since it's a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, it's a 0x3B.

Sounds like a memory leak of some service hooked to NetIO.sys.

Hakoda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Rydian said:
Says NetIO.sys.

That's a shitty picture and I can't make out all the numbers correctly, specifically the main STOP code. Is that 3B, 38, 7E, what is it?

So what exactly does that mean? Are you saying I should run a MemTest?

Meanwhile I'll try and get a better picture for Rydian hahaha I agree it's a shitty picture. Firefox 3.6.2 also caused the same problem.

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hakoda said:
raulpica said:
Rydian said:
Says NetIO.sys.

So what exactly does that mean? Are you saying I should run a MemTest?

Meanwhile I'll try and get a better picture for Rydian hahaha I agree it's a shitty picture. Firefox 3.6.2 also caused the same problem.
It's not like a clearer picture will help a lot more than the previous one.

Well, it's some component which is network related. Maybe debugging the memory dump would led to something, but I'm pretty sure it'll be freaking huge if it's not a minidump.

Follow this to set your system to create minidumps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315263

Make the system crash again, then upload somewhere the latest .dmp file that you find in C:\Windows\Minidump (it should have the date attached to its name).

I'll then try to analyze it.

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Rydian said:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

Find NetIO.sys in the list and give us all the information about it.
Nice little program, too bad that it won't say much about the hooks loaded onto it
tongue.gif

It'll just say who made the driver, and I'm pretty sure that's Microsoft itself
unsure.gif

Hakoda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No network updates. Only optional updates; there is an optional update for my graphics card though. Ran MemTest just in case, passed at 100%. BSOD appears on Youtube regardless of what web browser I'm using.

EDIT: BSOD while downloading optional graphics update.
EDIT2: Graphics update straight from nVidia made it worse. Once the desktop appears, out comes a BSOD. Using system restore to restore back to the last Windows Update 2 days ago.

Hakoda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian was very close. The culprit seemed to be "Cumulative Security Upadte for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows 7 x64" through Window's Update. I restored using System Restore. Everything is fine and stable now. Sorry to deface the name of Firefox but it wasn't its fault, it was Microft's fault yet again. The problem was not graphics at all, purely network.

Thank you raulpica & Rydian.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8