Windows 7 AERO theme vs Chrome problem!!! -.-

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This issue has become annoying for me for sooo long time.. at first i couldn't detect the problem and what is causing it.

Um..yeah, i guess i should tell what's the problem.
Whenever i enable AERO theme and open Chrome
The chrome starts lagging (not being smooth like normally is)
after some time, and it stops and get back to normal after
i minimize and maximize it again, than it stops and function normally.
but after some time it lags again and i minimize and
maximize AGAIN...and so on and so on... it became annoying...
in fact it's happening again and i LIKE Aero theme...

So the problem happens as i noticed, while aero is on, but there are no chrome problems when classic theme is on...

Please give me suggestions :/ my head hurts....
I never had this problem but I switched back to Firefox as chrome was way too bloated. It was eating up most of my RAM and during gaming I would get low memory warnings and windows would start closing my apps.

Plus I was still missing my addons even after getting used to Chrome and using it for years.

So all I can say is, I recommend Firefox and you will not regret it if you switch to it. Nowadays it has a layout very similar to Chrome, but with far more features and addons. The features that are in Chrome but not Firefox, like the downloads bar at the bottom can be added with addons (in this case Download Statusbar, a great addon), and if you use Chrome because it's faster -- there's an addon for that too. FasterFox set to turbo mode is about as fast as Chrome.

Given the fact that Firefox also never fixed it's memory leak bugs....

Got to love Opera.

And yep, without specs of your pc, it's hard to tell what's the problem.
Firefox has not used much more than half the amount of RAM Chrome used most of the time since I switched back to it. If there are still memory leaks, then they are insignificant enough to not even compare to Chrome's memory hogging.
This is most likely to blame on the fact that it runs so many different processes. Not only does it run one for each addon and plugin, and one for the GUI, but it runs one for each tab, which in the end is rather pointless. When something crashes, it's always one of the plugins, and those only have one instance anyway, so they crash across all tabs (the same thing will happen in firefox nowadays as it also runs plugins in a separate process)

sandytf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try disabling all of your plugins and addons. These can sometime cause problems. If the issue is not present with everything disabled, slowly enable them one at a time to try and identify which are causing the symptoms. Just be cognizant of the fact that there could be an undesirable interaction between multiple plugins which can complicate testing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1