Morgawr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I was just browsing through my old stuff in my room, sorting out things and checking my old games and consoles (found my old game boy and commodore and similar) when I came across a box of floppy disks... I opened it checking what was inside and guess what I found?

My old original copy of windows 3.11 that I used to have on my old 486... it's so awesome! I almost shed a tear for the nostalgia that it brought to me.. When I was using 3.11 I was a very very very little kid (I was 3 years old) and my dad used to work on it every day and let me play with MS paint and DOS games... ahh the memories, I wish I could go back in time just to use it once again.. Too bad in my house I don't have any floppy disk reader...
frown.gif

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Windows 3.11? Wow... what moments. Hell, I used Windows 3.11 until I was around 7 because I simply loved the old Imagination Station and Magicom CDs I had. You just couldn't beat me at any Skunny game.
smileipb2.png

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I think the earliest I can remember is Windows 95 as well. :< I also remember floppy disks... whatever happened to them? I guess once USB flash drives and CDs and whatnot came out, they were just left behind...

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't remember any further than Windows 95 also. (Is this a trend?) Floppy disks were slow as crap... 2GB hard drives seemed humongous back then. I do remember trying to fit in DOS/3.11 as part of a decaboot system.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
War said:
I think the earliest I can remember is Windows 95 as well. :< I also remember floppy disks... whatever happened to them? I guess once USB flash drives and CDs and whatnot came out, they were just left behind...

I still remember 3.11. Our school sucked so much ass before it got renovated that the old block still had pc's with 3.11.
ALso, I used to use it at home till I was about 6 and the pc in the mosque where I used to play at till about 7 had 3.11. Didn't play as much as everyone else did though.

Also, believe it or not, I sold about 11 floppies on thursday. I was amazed people still buy them.

Morgawr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Golfman560 said:
Bah no floppy disk reader? Your such a nerd for staying up to date
tongue.gif
I'm going to my girlfriend's in a few hours and I'll be staying there for the night. She's still got a floppy reader on her computer (that machine is damn old, I'm surprised it can run XP ._.'') and I'll probably be backing those disks up in my usb key
biggrin.gif
If somebody wants the content just tell me and I'll be posting it here (wait, I don't know if it's still copyright protected or if I'm allowed to post it here.. ._. if I'm not then too bad
frown.gif
)... I know that I'd be interested if somebody did this lol
wink.gif
I just want to browse all that old stuff and see how it was done... I was only 2-3 years old back then and I remember very little about programs and files heh

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
When you use said computer, make a floppy image,
and then download Virtual Box (http://www.virtualbox.org/)
install it on a dynamicly expanding storage disk.

There.

Morgawr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
mrgone said:
i am too lazy to search for my windows 3.0 disks.
and my first hdd was 20mb, thats MEGA bytes.

yeah, on my first hdd would fit 2-3 mp3s
yeah haha.. I think mine was around 300MB... I still remember when the first GBs were released and I was like "WTF NO FAIR! MY FRIENDS HAVE LARGER HARD DISK, I HAVE THIS CRAPPY 300MB T_T".. now I feel the same with people with their TB hard disks and me with my lame 300GB one ... XP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)