Morgawr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I was just browsing through my old stuff in my room, sorting out things and checking my old games and consoles (found my old game boy and commodore and similar) when I came across a box of floppy disks... I opened it checking what was inside and guess what I found?

My old original copy of windows 3.11 that I used to have on my old 486... it's so awesome! I almost shed a tear for the nostalgia that it brought to me.. When I was using 3.11 I was a very very very little kid (I was 3 years old) and my dad used to work on it every day and let me play with MS paint and DOS games... ahh the memories, I wish I could go back in time just to use it once again.. Too bad in my house I don't have any floppy disk reader...
frown.gif

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Windows 3.11? Wow... what moments. Hell, I used Windows 3.11 until I was around 7 because I simply loved the old Imagination Station and Magicom CDs I had. You just couldn't beat me at any Skunny game.
smileipb2.png

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I think the earliest I can remember is Windows 95 as well. :< I also remember floppy disks... whatever happened to them? I guess once USB flash drives and CDs and whatnot came out, they were just left behind...

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't remember any further than Windows 95 also. (Is this a trend?) Floppy disks were slow as crap... 2GB hard drives seemed humongous back then. I do remember trying to fit in DOS/3.11 as part of a decaboot system.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
War said:
I think the earliest I can remember is Windows 95 as well. :< I also remember floppy disks... whatever happened to them? I guess once USB flash drives and CDs and whatnot came out, they were just left behind...

I still remember 3.11. Our school sucked so much ass before it got renovated that the old block still had pc's with 3.11.
ALso, I used to use it at home till I was about 6 and the pc in the mosque where I used to play at till about 7 had 3.11. Didn't play as much as everyone else did though.

Also, believe it or not, I sold about 11 floppies on thursday. I was amazed people still buy them.

Morgawr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Golfman560 said:
Bah no floppy disk reader? Your such a nerd for staying up to date
tongue.gif
I'm going to my girlfriend's in a few hours and I'll be staying there for the night. She's still got a floppy reader on her computer (that machine is damn old, I'm surprised it can run XP ._.'') and I'll probably be backing those disks up in my usb key
biggrin.gif
If somebody wants the content just tell me and I'll be posting it here (wait, I don't know if it's still copyright protected or if I'm allowed to post it here.. ._. if I'm not then too bad
frown.gif
)... I know that I'd be interested if somebody did this lol
wink.gif
I just want to browse all that old stuff and see how it was done... I was only 2-3 years old back then and I remember very little about programs and files heh

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
When you use said computer, make a floppy image,
and then download Virtual Box (http://www.virtualbox.org/)
install it on a dynamicly expanding storage disk.

There.

Morgawr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
mrgone said:
i am too lazy to search for my windows 3.0 disks.
and my first hdd was 20mb, thats MEGA bytes.

yeah, on my first hdd would fit 2-3 mp3s
yeah haha.. I think mine was around 300MB... I still remember when the first GBs were released and I was like "WTF NO FAIR! MY FRIENDS HAVE LARGER HARD DISK, I HAVE THIS CRAPPY 300MB T_T".. now I feel the same with people with their TB hard disks and me with my lame 300GB one ... XP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: anybody here?