Windows 3.11 :3

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Morgawr, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Morgawr
    OP

Morgawr GBAtemp Fan

Dec 18, 2008
    Italy
    I was just browsing through my old stuff in my room, sorting out things and checking my old games and consoles (found my old game boy and commodore and similar) when I came across a box of floppy disks... I opened it checking what was inside and guess what I found?

My old original copy of windows 3.11 that I used to have on my old 486... it's so awesome! I almost shed a tear for the nostalgia that it brought to me.. When I was using 3.11 I was a very very very little kid (I was 3 years old) and my dad used to work on it every day and let me play with MS paint and DOS games... ahh the memories, I wish I could go back in time just to use it once again.. Too bad in my house I don't have any floppy disk reader... [​IMG]

2. Golfman560

Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Dec 29, 2008
    Living with seals
    Bah no floppy disk reader? Your such a nerd for staying up to date [​IMG]

3. Skyline969

Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Nov 18, 2008
    Canada
    Saskatchewan
    Windows 3.11? Wow... what moments. Hell, I used Windows 3.11 until I was around 7 because I simply loved the old Imagination Station and Magicom CDs I had. You just couldn't beat me at any Skunny game. [​IMG]

4. Prime

Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 7, 2007
    Under your bed
    hehe, Sadly I can't remember that far back.

Although I can remember Windows 95 xD

5. playallday

playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

May 23, 2008
    Canada
    [@N@[)@
    Well, I just got rid of two computers of mine that had Windows 3.11 on them. $2,000 one day, in trash bin the next [​IMG] .

6. War

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    I think the earliest I can remember is Windows 95 as well. :< I also remember floppy disks... whatever happened to them? I guess once USB flash drives and CDs and whatnot came out, they were just left behind...

7. wchill

wchill Resident chillxpert

Jun 12, 2008
    United States
    I can't remember any further than Windows 95 also. (Is this a trend?) Floppy disks were slow as crap... 2GB hard drives seemed humongous back then. I do remember trying to fit in DOS/3.11 as part of a decaboot system.

8. grubbymitts

grubbymitts GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2006
  9. wchill

wchill Resident chillxpert

Jun 12, 2008
    United States
    Not everyone here is as old as you are D:
    And that thing looks slow. My calculator is probably faster than that [​IMG]

10. xcalibur

xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

Jun 2, 2007
    Sacred Heart
    I still remember 3.11. Our school sucked so much ass before it got renovated that the old block still had pc's with 3.11.
    ALso, I used to use it at home till I was about 6 and the pc in the mosque where I used to play at till about 7 had 3.11. Didn't play as much as everyone else did though.

Also, believe it or not, I sold about 11 floppies on thursday. I was amazed people still buy them.

11. Morgawr
    OP

Morgawr GBAtemp Fan

Dec 18, 2008
    Italy
    I'm going to my girlfriend's in a few hours and I'll be staying there for the night. She's still got a floppy reader on her computer (that machine is damn old, I'm surprised it can run XP ._.'') and I'll probably be backing those disks up in my usb key [​IMG] If somebody wants the content just tell me and I'll be posting it here (wait, I don't know if it's still copyright protected or if I'm allowed to post it here.. ._. if I'm not then too bad [​IMG] )... I know that I'd be interested if somebody did this lol [​IMG] I just want to browse all that old stuff and see how it was done... I was only 2-3 years old back then and I remember very little about programs and files heh

12. Frederica Bernkastel

Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

GBAtemp Patron
    Frederica Bernkastel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 31, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Hinamizawa
    When you use said computer, make a floppy image,
    and then download Virtual Box (http://www.virtualbox.org/)
    install it on a dynamicly expanding storage disk.

There.

13. mrgone

mrgone GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 6, 2002
    Gambia, The
    i'm feelin with you man

i am too lazy to search for my windows 3.0 disks.
    and my first hdd was 20mb, thats MEGA bytes.

yeah, on my first hdd would fit 2-3 mp3s

14. Morgawr
    OP

Morgawr GBAtemp Fan

Dec 18, 2008
    Italy
    yeah haha.. I think mine was around 300MB... I still remember when the first GBs were released and I was like "WTF NO FAIR! MY FRIENDS HAVE LARGER HARD DISK, I HAVE THIS CRAPPY 300MB T_T".. now I feel the same with people with their TB hard disks and me with my lame 300GB one ... XP

15. granville

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    I still have Win 3.11 on both floppy and CD. The CD was a restore disk that came with my 3rd and best computer ever. I still use Win3.11 on Dosbox. Hehe. [​IMG]

16. Lee79

Lee79 Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict

Jul 29, 2007
    ctf_2fort
  17. Wack0

Wack0 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 29, 2009
    3.11 ? I have windows premiere edition (windows 1.00!)
    haha

18. Regiiko

Regiiko GBAtemp Fan

Apr 19, 2007
    Örebro
    Hi Morg! Trips here.

I remember having 3.11 and sneaking into my dad's office to play the games that he had installed on it [​IMG]