Gaming Wind Waker HD

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I srsly don't know what VMM is saying. When Zelda fans say 3D games we expect them to mean OoT, MM, WW, TP and SS,
(I'm pretty sure you know the acronyms.) XD
PH and ST are 2.5D games in this case. XD
I agree. PH and ST have 3D polygons, but they still play from a top-down 2D perspective, just like Zelda 1, aLttP, etc. It's kind of like Sonic 4: Ep 2. It has 3D graphics, but it's still a 2D game.

the-legend-of-zelda-phantom-hourglass-20070629071028477.jpg

ZeldaPhantom_DS_Editeur_040.jpg
The%2BLegend%2Bof%2BZelda%2BPhantom%2BHourglass%2Bscreenshot%2B2.jpg

the_legend_of_zelda_spirit_tracks_1_raw.jpg

Although the game constantly uses of top down view, they have some parts completely in 3D.
The game uses 3D models, and the angle of view is not static, and is not completely top-down(take a look below), what makes me say it's a 3D Zelda.

the_legend_of_zelda_spirit_tracks_2.jpg

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Although the game constantly uses of top down view, they have some parts completely in 3D.
The game uses 3D models, and the angle of view is not static, and is not completely top-down(take a look below), what makes me say it's a 3D Zelda.
quote]
Yes I know what you meant, but god knows I wouldn't agree if they told me it was a Zelda game played in a 3D perspective constantly. To this point, I still consider it a 2.5D game.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes I know what you meant, but god knows I wouldn't agree if they told me it was a Zelda game played in a 3D perspective.

I understand your point of view.
Since the question was: Is it a 3D Zelda? I said yes, without a doubt.
But if the question was: Does it have 3D perspective? ?It's debateable, for me yes, because it's not completely top down like Zelda 1, ALttP, GB and GBA ones,
but I understand if you consider it 2D for it's top-down perspective.

Anyway, for me, OOT is still better than WW amd MM.
Never played TP or SS, so I can't say it's the best 3D Zelda,
but so far, it's the best I've ever played.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I understand your point of view.
Since the question was: Is it a 3D Zelda? I said yes, without a doubt.
But if the question was: Does it have 3D perspective? ?It's debateable, for me yes, because it's not completely top down like Zelda 1, ALttP, GB and GBA ones,
but I understand if you consider it 2D for it's top-down perspective.

Anyway, for me, OOT is still better than WW amd MM.
Never played TP or SS, so I can't say it's the best 3D Zelda,
but so far, it's the best I've ever played.
I don't mind. I respect your opinion. Just wanted to show to Foxi4 that I did play universally critically acclaimed games that I didn't exactly agree with the masses, and that was it.
Next time I'll be more precise. How's 3D Zelda console game sounds for you? XD
I never told what was my favorite 3D console zelda game yet. For me, It's a tie between TP and SS.
For the others, link's awakening and the oracle series are honorable mentions.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Miyamoto never said anything about remaking aLttP. He said he was interested in doing something RELATED to aLttP. That could mean anything: Sequel, prequel, remake, etc.

And unless I'm mistaken, all that was said about Majora's Mask was that they've heard the fans' cries, and hope to respond sometime "in the future"

I remember reading some news about Miyamoto wanting to remake ALttP and MM to 3DS.
Said that, It wouldn't feel strange if MM was remade for 3DS, it's engine is the same as OOT, Many textures and 3D models could be re-used, that would make it a lot easier to remade for 3DS than any other Zelda.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Only one of your screenshots actually shows the main gameplay. All the rest of the shots are cutscenes or animations (except for using the boat, which is one of the only 3D aspects of gameplay). And the one that DOES show main gameplay (the last one on the bottom) shows, indeed, a game with 3D graphics played from a 2D top-down perspective. The way I see it, PH is still mostly play on a 2D plane (It was unfair of me to mention ST in my last post, since I haven't actually played it, I just wasn't thinking). Notice in 3D Zeldas, you have to worry about aiming up and down when firing your bow at airborne enemies like keese. With the exception of jumping off an occasional ledge down to a lower level (which is present even in aLttP), that just doesn't happen in PH. Whenever you move, aim, etc, you're only worrying about the X and Y axis, as opposed to 3D games like OoT or WW where you have to worry about the X, Y, and Z axis. 2.5D is indeed probably the best word to use to describe it.

But that's just me.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah they should stay away from backseat driver kinda multiplayer.

If they should keep the camera like recent Zeldas (Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword) then surely they won't be able to have 2 player on screen multiplayer. Unless it's splitscreen. But I'd rather they'd NOT have such multiplayer. Perhaps one person could play on the TV while the other play on the Wii U Pad. But still they'd have to two different renderings this way and it costs more cpu/gpu to do this. Which means less good graphics and probably less enemies on screen and similar. This could be done via online-only-multiplayer aswell but that kind takes away a bit of the immersion, unless you have good ways to communicate with your friend.
Rereading your comment, I think I should mention that, remember, the Wii U CAN support two gamepads at once... The frame rate drops to 30 frames a second, but that's it.
Perhaps 2 person local multiplayer can have a 4-swords layout, where the "main" room, etc is shown on the TV screen, and the camera focusing on the individual player is shown on the gamepad.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you still find that point where you have to start grinding for rupees during the triorce piece quest. -_-

there is a shitload of hidden treasure maps not to mention chests and other areas where you get shitloads of rupees do you call that grinding? and finding them all is the fun part without doing this the game would be very very short.

Reactions: gamefan5

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
They only added the Triforce quest because tehy had a deadline and ahd to release the game. So they cut two dungeons and half a dozen islands. So what they could do is, even if they dont add those back in, they could make the Triforce quest available right from the start, so you could fetch the pieces while doing the main quest. That way it would not be that tedious.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
there is a shitload of hidden treasure maps not to mention chests and other areas where you get shitloads of rupees do you call that grinding? and finding them all is the fun part without doing this the game would be very very short.
Not when it's something I can do on my own time, no. Like I said, I rather enjoy the sailing, treasure hunting, etc. But when I just want to advance, I don't want to have to hunt for other random chests (when I'm ALREADY hunting for triforce charts and pieces) which may or may not have rupees in them )some have heart pieces and even charts).

Tl; dr: When I do it on my own time, yeah that's great and fun. But when I'm basically forced to do it just to advance in the triforce quest that's ALREADY filled with tons of of treasure hunting and sailing as it is, it's a bit much.

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, they did say that Wind Waker HD was something to keep us busy while they work on the new game. Probably not gonna be Toon Link though.
I hope the new zelda game is good with or without toon link.
Also is your profile picture a picture of Party Pat? if so, you are awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O i3? o........................................k
    Both of mine are i5's lol
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it