Homebrew Wind Waker GC Backup

rich333

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, It seems there is no fix for the Wind Walker freezing problem with the dungon maps. (Softmod)

Is anyone working on a fix for this? Is it likley to be fixed?
I know people say just not to open the map but I want to be able experince the game properly, surley I'm not the only one.
I would have thought a fix for this would have come out sooner as it would be one of the most played GC games.

I'm kinda waiting for a fix before I get into it. Should I be?

Cheers
Rich

sendblink23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you probably have a bad back up you downloaded

Mine works perfectly fine 100%(exactly how used to do in the actual Game Cube) I finished the game already

I'm on the latest softmod 4.2U
sorry i cant really help you out

rich333

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
really? what cMIOS & loader is that with?

& thats the NTSC-U on a NTSC-U Wii?

I've got a PAL version on a PAL Wii, i made the dump myself with an LG Drive.

thanks

rich333

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
okay. i tried wanikokos cmios rev3 & wiigators mios patcher v8, backup launcher 0.2 & neogamma, still cant get it to work.

the only other thing i can think of is the ntsc version of the game in my pal wii? has anyone else tried this? (to dl 1.2GB will cost me over $20 and i'd like to know if it will even work first)

thanks

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If Wind Waker works correctly with any GC Backup Launcher it would be major news around here.

I think these 2 guys just don't understand what you are talking about. Yes the game works, but the in dungeon map always crashes using any version of mIOS or GC Backup Launcher. The games does work, sea charts work fine, but you can never press up to see the dungeon map or the game will crash out.

If you two guys can prove that a back up version of Wind Waker doesn't do this on your soft modded (no chip) Wii then please do so, so we can update the GC Backup Launcher compatibility list.

GC Backup Launcher Compatability List

Rich333, if you really want to play Wind Waker, just buy the original game. You can find used copies on ebay for $10-$20 shipped. I seriously doubt this issue will ever be resolved with GCBL.

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try burning a clean iso to a disc by itself, i dunno how softmods work with GC games but that fixes it for modchips

rich333

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for a straight answer retrievil,

i guess i'll just have to play the original disc when i get home in a year or two.
frown.gif

cheers

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well if you really want to play it you can. I'm sure gamefaqs or some other site probably has maps printed up.

It's playable with no dungeon maps if you can't find any. Might be a little harder, as you will have to explore a bit more, but it doesn't break the game. Just don't ever press up on the d-pad and the game runs perfectly fine.

The sea charts work, which is the most important thing. You can play with no dungeon maps, but no sea charts would make it impossible.

Not ideal, but if I had a choice between waiting 2 years, and playing the game with no dungeon maps, I would play it with no dungeon maps.
smileipb2.png

skx7

Trophies
XP
Country
it only crashes when using multigame discs. burn zelda ww on a dvd5 and it will work perfectly without lock up when accessing the map

rich333

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, i tried that too. still freezes.

it seems that only works with chipped wii.

Have you tested on wii with no chip?

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sakax said:
it only crashes when using multigame discs. burn zelda ww on a dvd5 and it will work perfectly without lock up when accessing the map

I've never burned a multigame disc, and WW still crashes when opening the dungeon map for me and everyone else with a softmod. You haven't tried it or you have a chip.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rich333 said:
thanks for a straight answer retrievil,

i guess i'll just have to play the original disc when i get home in a year or two.
frown.gif

cheers
just tell your parents to send it to you.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I had the same problem. It's annoying as all hell, but at least it's playable. It definitely makes it harder though, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, because the game itself isn't overly hard. But it IS a really good game. I want to buy it, but it is kind of expensive, however, the version I will buy is the Collector's Edition or whatever it's called - the one with Ocarina of Time and OoT Master Quest. Although, that is REALLY expensive. But oh well.

I really do wish there was a newer Mios coming out sometime soon. There are still plenty of flaws, such as the mess of colours after booting from the disc channel and before the game starts, plus there is only one Mios installer that I know of that can install 3 different versions that has the backup launcher as an optional addition. I believe that installer was made by Waninkoko, but I could be wrong.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have there been any updates to this issue? i'm just getting into wii modding and ran into this wall... this is the latest topic that came up with a search :\

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill