Hacking Will you still buy a 3DS if it can't be hacked?

Yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Possibly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Antoligy said:
xalphax said:
Most likely, I am hooked on the Phoenix Wright series.
The only game starring Phoenix Wright that has been announced for the 3DS, will not be getting localised.
Pessimistic jerk, trying to dash people's hopes like that. Don't paraphrase like that. The actual news is that Capcom has no plans to localize the game yet. Nobody ever said it wouldn't be localized. The official word is that whether it is localized or not depends on fan support. And we all should know that "unannounced" and "no plans for" by no means mean that whatever it is will never happen.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Midna said:
Antoligy said:
xalphax said:
The only game starring Phoenix Wright that has been announced for the 3DS, will not be getting localised.
Pessimistic jerk, trying to dash people's hopes like that. Don't paraphrase like that. The actual news is that Capcom has no plans to localize the game yet. Nobody ever said it wouldn't be localized. The official word is that whether it is localized or not depends on fan support. And we all should know that "unannounced" and "no plans for" by no means mean that whatever it is will never happen.
There's like a million posts on their blog asking them to localise it.
That blog post was a long time ago.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Nollog said:
Midna said:
Antoligy said:
xalphax said:

Like a million? No boi. There's not even 2.5k comments.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Ramonra said:
Nollog said:
Midna said:
Antoligy said:
xalphax said:

Like a million? No boi. There's not even 2.5k comments.
like.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's so fuck'n obvious they'll localize that, the two series are suscefull here... only having Layton on the name make this obvious.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Puppy_Washer said:
doyama said:
3DS/DSi games can be played. This scenario seems highly unlikely since even DSi mode has proven highly difficult to hack at this point.
That's really up for debate. A lot of people consider the DSi Mode to simply be unnecessary to hack.
But, even if it is difficult to hack, I think that running 3DS games is different to hacking the internal firmware that is required to run DSi games.

After all, all the hackers need to do is to trick the 3DS into believing that the flashcard is a legitmate 3DS card, just like the DS Flashcards.
That, of course isn't an easy feat, but if the past tells us anything, it's more than possible.

To be honest, I don't care about the DSi Mode/Internal Firmware being hacked. The online shop games are so cheap that I just buy them anyway.

Except for the iEvo no flash cart can emulate DSi mode. Thus it's not logical to conclude that a 3DS game could be run at this point since we can't even do it for DSi games.

It's also fairly logical to conclude that 3DS games will be tied directly to the 3DS hardware and won't be playable on DS hardware, unlike the "DSi Enhanced" games. THere are a small handful of "DSi Only" games that are currently unplayable on all flashcarts. Unless they solve this problem, 3DS games on a flashcart is highly unlikely.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
Antoligy said:
xalphax said:

While all the previous Phoenix Wright games have been translated, it's not a sure thing the 3DS version would be. That would highly depend on the overall sales numbers of the 3DS in America/Europe to see if it would be worth the cost of localization. If there are sufficient sales on the hardware side outside of Japan, then they might feel that a localized version might be worth while, because of the success of previous games they could be confident of moving decent numbers of the game.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
While all the previous Phoenix Wright games have been translated, it's not a sure thing the 3DS version would be. That would highly depend on the overall sales numbers of the 3DS in America/Europe to see if it would be worth the cost of localization. If there are sufficient sales on the hardware side outside of Japan, then they might feel that a localized version might be worth while, because of the success of previous games they could be confident of moving decent numbers of the game.
...Are you kidding?

Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton are both pretty big in America. Why WOULDN'T they localize it here? That's like refusing to localize Pokemon.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
doyama said:
...Are you kidding?

Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton are both pretty big in America. Why WOULDN'T they localize it here? That's like refusing to localize Pokemon.
Actually, Justice for all, Trial and Tribulations, and Apollo Justice almost weren't localized either for the same reason as PL vs PW.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
He's right. Phoenix isn't nearly as popular here as it is in Japan. Layton is far, far more profitable here in the west. But still, all the Ace Attorney games eventually made their way outside of Japan...

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Why is this question even being asked!? I think this question is violating one of the internet rules. Something along the lines of; "Regardless of the device or level of security, any given device will eventually be hacked."

That makes the following question;
"Will you still buy a 3DS if it can't be hacked?" invalid. Sorry pal.

I will not buy a 3DS at launch day, I'll just wait for Sams Club to start selling bundles; I.E. System+Starter Kit or System+Game.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll get one eventually whether it can be hacked or not. Only thing that changes, is if it's hacked, I get a European one, if it doesn't, I get an American one.

D

Deleted-188346

doyama said:
Except for the iEvo no flash cart can emulate DSi mode. Thus it's not logical to conclude that a 3DS game could be run at this point since we can't even do it for DSi games.
On the other hand, there are hardly any DSi-enabled games. Not nearly enough games to warrant any serious attempts by the flashcard groups to enable it.

doyama said:
THere are a small handful of "DSi Only" games that are currently unplayable on all flashcarts. Unless they solve this problem, 3DS games on a flashcart is highly unlikely.
I think that upon the 3DS launch, all flashcard groups will be working extremely hard to hack the 3DS and bring a flashcard to the market first.
I don't think it's a matter of "they can't do it". I think that it's a matter of "they had no real reason to do it, yet".

The first group to release a 3DS flashcard will make massive profit. Lots of incentive.

QUOTE(doyama @ Feb 18 2011, 03:17 AM)
It's also fairly logical to conclude that 3DS games will be tied directly to the 3DS hardware and won't be playable on DS hardware, unlike the "DSi Enhanced" games.
Duh. Thinking that the DS can run 3DS games is like saying that N64 can run GameCube games.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Midna said:
He's right. Phoenix isn't nearly as popular here as it is in Japan. Layton is far, far more profitable here in the west. But still, all the Ace Attorney games eventually made their way outside of Japan...
There's Layton, still, it's impossible to not see it on the west.

TheHunted1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ravager90 said:
quick & easy answer: No!

I'm a student and I dont have the money for buying my desired games. Paying once abour 300$ will allready be hitting my budget very hard, so either it can be hacked or this one won't be mine.

^this,,, I hope it wil get hacked though cuz I i want a 3DS. But if it wont be hacked, prob not
sad.gif

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whisky1981 said:
Nope I dont have money for all the games that I want to try out so either is hackable or is a no go for me.
i do i bought the regular ds not knowing and can be hacked ill do the same for the 3ds if i have to

on a side note when i learned the ds could be hack my mind was blown how were your minds when you first found out the ds could be hacked?

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Apparently I've already voted...I don't remember doing so but whatever.

My choice is (Probably) "Possibly" but only because there isn't a "maybe, maybe not" option (possibly is too optimistic for me
tongue.gif
)

Reason being:

I'm a student (or will be come september) I won't have the money to be buying any game I like, so I see it as a pointless investment for me. If it's hacked I might consider buying it, but in the end I probably wont I'm more looking forward to the NGP if I'm honest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*