Hacking Will we ever see GBA roms on Slot1 solutions?

tackle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
People who asking for GBA support on slot-1 are the most retarded fags in the world, period. Get over it!

Lol! Well excuse me, it was merely a question I threw out there out of curiosity, I shall now forget about the whole idea.

Or maybe get me one of those 3in1 thingies and play gba roms on the ds anyway.
Maybe try to catch every frickin' pokemon available or something equally time consuming

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a G6 Slot-2 with a dead battery, my saves don't work anymore.
I would like a solution (maybe patching the gba rom on slot-2 ?) to read/save sram on Slot-1 but play on Slot-2.
Only the saved sram file on slot-1, not the game.

But you said the GBA mode is hardware and cannot access slot-1, too bad this will never happen :(

Maybe a DS homebrew in slot-2 could read from Slot-1 the sram file and copy it to slot-2 sram or file (game.0), then boot in GBA mode.
But the problem will be while exiting GBA game, the sram will have to be copied back to slot-1, but in GBA mode it can't go back to DS mode without power off, and loosing my saves.

Maybe it will be quicker to buy a new working GBA card ^^;

chuckstudios

Putting the pro in procrastination
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, to put it simple. NDS works in two modes - NDS and GBA.

NDS mode has access to all NDS hardware, including both slots. That's why you can play NDS games from slot-2.

GBA mode has access to only slot-2, no extra buttons, no touch screen.

These are hardware limitations which CAN NOT be changed. Unless some modchip is made, which is unlikely. Then again, there would be a big problem with RAM and slot-1 transfer speeds.

People who asking for GBA support on slot-1 are the most retarded fags in the world, period. Get over it!

The NDS does not actually have access to everything, for instance the GBA's sound... thingie (it's early, can't remember what it's called).

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
yeh lol, my F2A still works fine, easier to just use that

though I have to use the gamecube to put roms on it
hate2.gif

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
WE should put in massive letters "GBA ROMS WILL NEVER WORK ON A SLOT ONE AND STOP ASKING ABOUT N64 EMULATION". Should solve our problems
laugh.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Didn't we have this post s week ago? And then a week before that? And then two in the previous week?

And every time we come to the same conclusion: yes, it's theoretically possible, but the 3-in-1 is much less hassle and only costs $18.

GBATemp-Giftcard33.jpg

(Image by Psyfira.)

crafton48

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

shaffaaf27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Didn't we have this post s week ago? And then a week before that? And then two in the previous week?

And every time we come to the same conclusion: yes, it's theoretically possible, but the 3-in-1 is much less hassle and only costs $18.

GBATemp-Giftcard33.jpg

(Image by Psyfira.)

notice how the ez5 is not there.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

blackjack

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Xenophobe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It is pricey and really hard to find. I'm trying to locate one, but it is almost impossible without knowing Chinese really well. Everyone is so touchy about how crappy my Chinese is and won't sell it to me...
I have a GBALink!

Well, access to one anyway. It's a 256mbit "Zip" thingy, you flash it using a GBA and a GBA to USB link cable type dealy. Don't have a DSLink though.

More to the point, to those saying that the ARM9 isn't powerful enough to emulate the ARM7: IIRC this has nothing to do with running GBA from slot-1, if there was enough RAM on the NDS or slot-1 was fast enough it would probably be a simple matter of running the rom on the GBA hardware and accounting for any "irregularities" using the DS's hardware. Granted, I don't have an incredibly indepth understanding of the DS's hardware, but AFAIK nor do the rest of you.

But I digress. I'm pretty sure it would be mathematically impossible to run GBA from slot-1 (seeing as a possible solution is compressing the rom to under ~4MB and then decompressing it in real time as to make the playing seamless) but someone who could break the laws of physics would be able to do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol