Will we EVER see a Metal Gear episode on the ds?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by PURPLEMUSTANG, Aug 13, 2006.

1. PURPLEMUSTANG
    OP

Member PURPLEMUSTANG GBAtemp Regular

Turkey
    Or does SONY own the MG franchise completel?Just checked out the new MG that will be coming out for the PSP and I am dead jelous. [​IMG]

2. nintendofreak

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

United States
    not too sure, but there was Metal Gear Solid on Nes, and Solid Snake Is going to come out on SSBB, so I dont think Sony "owns" it.

3. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    Sony doesn't own the Metal Gear rights.
    There is a chance that it might appear on the DS, but due to the space limitations it is unlikely.

4. HeatMan Advance

Member HeatMan Advance GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Space doesn't mean anything. They made one on GBC.

The DS will just need one that is made specificly for the system. Maybe even a turn based strategy could be good is done right.

5. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Blame Konami not Sony as it is their call alone, and well we know how the minds at Konami tend to have worked for quite a few years now (you know running on empty.)

6. Sc4rFac3d

Member Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Netherlands
    I doubt it, I think Kojima has a whole other look on the DS. He's developing that new rpg game for it. And I believe he'll continue with that series. It looks like a fun game but a metal gear would still be nice on the DS so I hope i'm wrong. [​IMG]

7. TheVirus

Member TheVirus GBAtemp Fan

Uganda
    I think sometimes when a publisher/developer has a game they may be forced to sign a contract stating that they cannot and will not develop for a competiing platform. Kind of like how there are games the Xbox has that the PS doesn't and vice versa.

I doubt we'll see a MGS series for the DS, Sony probably has Konami or whomever in a air tight contract.

8. Elrinth

Member Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Sweden
    Hideo Kojima has stated that he wishes the main series "Solid" to stay on the Playstation platform...

There probably won't be coming any Solid Snake games to Nintendo DS. Unless they will be downloadable versions of the MSX or NES games via the Nintendo Wii.

And I don't blame him for thinking this way... He can make a very beautiful game on the Playstation 3 [​IMG] And YES I am saying it would'nt look half as good on the Nintendo Wii... But I just think he wants to continue develop for the Playstation-consumers. [​IMG]

But that doesn't mean any other games bringing Metal Gear gameplay on the DS won't appear. [​IMG]

9. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Kinda makes the guy out to be a colossal ass when you put it that way... sadly it fits.