Gaming Will we EVER see a Metal Gear episode on the ds?

PURPLEMUSTANG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Or does SONY own the MG franchise completel?Just checked out the new MG that will be coming out for the PSP and I am dead jelous.
yaynds.gif

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not too sure, but there was Metal Gear Solid on Nes, and Solid Snake Is going to come out on SSBB, so I dont think Sony "owns" it.

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Space doesn't mean anything. They made one on GBC.

The DS will just need one that is made specificly for the system. Maybe even a turn based strategy could be good is done right.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blame Konami not Sony as it is their call alone, and well we know how the minds at Konami tend to have worked for quite a few years now (you know running on empty.)

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I doubt it, I think Kojima has a whole other look on the DS. He's developing that new rpg game for it. And I believe he'll continue with that series. It looks like a fun game but a metal gear would still be nice on the DS so I hope i'm wrong.
frown.gif

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
I think sometimes when a publisher/developer has a game they may be forced to sign a contract stating that they cannot and will not develop for a competiing platform. Kind of like how there are games the Xbox has that the PS doesn't and vice versa.

I doubt we'll see a MGS series for the DS, Sony probably has Konami or whomever in a air tight contract.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Hideo Kojima has stated that he wishes the main series "Solid" to stay on the Playstation platform...

There probably won't be coming any Solid Snake games to Nintendo DS. Unless they will be downloadable versions of the MSX or NES games via the Nintendo Wii.

And I don't blame him for thinking this way... He can make a very beautiful game on the Playstation 3
smile.gif
And YES I am saying it would'nt look half as good on the Nintendo Wii... But I just think he wants to continue develop for the Playstation-consumers.
biggrin.gif

But that doesn't mean any other games bringing Metal Gear gameplay on the DS won't appear.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ