Will Tiramisu and Aroma work with the Region Change?

pichuluv84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am looking to buying another Wii U and I found one in Japanese and I'm thinking about homebrewing and region changing the console. Will the region change work with the Wii U? I plan on not putting any discs in it but just have it as English. I don't think its possible to set the Language to English though. Will the region change work?

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am looking to buying another Wii U and I found one in Japanese and I'm thinking about homebrewing and region changing the console. Will the region change work with the Wii U? I plan on not putting any discs in it but just have it as English. I don't think its possible to set the Language to English though. Will the region change work?
Yes it will work but it's a bit tricky. After you change the region with the recovery menu and before you setup Tiramisu, you need to load the homebrew launcher through the exploit and run an ftp server that can see system folders. You then need to carefully remove the Japanese titles, otherwise it will attempt to inject to the Japanese health and safety app which will prevent auto booting. Once the Japanese titles are removed you can then inject to the USA health and safety and all will work as it should.

pichuluv84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it will work but it's a bit tricky. After you change the region with the recovery menu and before you setup Tiramisu, you need to load the homebrew launcher through the exploit and run an ftp server that can see system folders. You then need to carefully remove the Japanese titles, otherwise it will attempt to inject to the Japanese health and safety app which will prevent auto booting. Once the Japanese titles are removed you can then inject to the USA health and safety and all will work as it should.
Alright.

steveswiiu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone please help me do this? I am a noob and have only basic information about adding tiramisu to a usa version. I have ftp to other devices but never a wii u. How to get to recovery menu and how to inject usa health and safety, and know which are to remove japanese?

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can someone please help me do this? I am a noob and have only basic information about adding tiramisu to a usa version. I have ftp to other devices but never a wii u. How to get to recovery menu and how to inject usa health and safety, and know which are to remove japanese?
Follow the guide created by Larz1026. https://lazr1026.github.io/regionchange/#/ There is also now a process to automatically delete out of region titles (part of the guide) once you make the change so no longer have to remove the Jap titles via FTP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol