Hacking Will this clean my Wii?

Mr. Prince

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Updating my homebrew channel to the latest update and officially updating my Wii to 4.3. I heard it will remove everything mod related except homebrew channel.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't think it deletes everything, it just overwrites Homebrew Channel and it's actually a dangerous procedure if you're not 100% sure that you don't have a Korean Wii.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm not entirely sure if formatting removes stuff from all the slots or just the ones the Wii could normally fill out in its original state. My recommendation would be to uninstall all cIOS'es and installing a fresh firmware installation (*not* an automated update, and be sure to make NAND backups every step of the way. 4.3 is tricky and not really recommended, go 4.2, I've never had any problems with it).

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I'm not entirely sure if formatting removes stuff from all the slots or just the ones the Wii could normally fill out in its original state. My recommendation would be to uninstall all cIOS'es and installing a fresh firmware installation (*not* an automated update, and be sure to make NAND backups every step of the way. 4.3 is tricky and not really recommended, go 4.2, I've never had any problems with it).

Wrong.
Everything after 4.1 is AP.
Just ask JoostinOnline.
He convinced me to downgrade from 4.3 two years ago.

Goto v4.1 if you plan on changing SysMenu version.
Also OP, what is it you are trying to accomplish? If you just want to remove everything to reinstall cIOSs, just post a sysCheck here.

How can I uninstall all of cIOS'es? I think I installed a lot, and I don't have the installers anymore >_<

Post a sysCheck. I will help.

Mr. Prince

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia

How can I uninstall all of cIOS'es? I think I installed a lot, and I don't have the installers anymore >_<

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You don't need the installers, you just need Multi-Mod-Manager or any other multitool and for the cumbersome ones you can use AnyTitleDeleter. It'd be nice if you posted a SysCheck so that we may see what's actually installed on the system. That, and is there any particular reason why you'd want a virgin Wii? Why not just re-mod with ModMii?
Wrong.
Everything after 4.1 is AP. Just ask JoostinOnline. He convinced me to downgrade from 4.3 two years ago. Goto v4.1 if you plan on changing SysMenu version. Also OP, what is it you are trying to accomplish? If you just want to remove everything to reinstall cIOSs, just post a sysCheck here.
Oh! I was convinced that wasn't implemented in 4.2. Fair enough, my memory about Wii modding is a bit cloudy. Guess 4.1 is indeed a better option.

Mr. Prince

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Wrong.
Everything after 4.1 is AP.
Just ask JoostinOnline.
He convinced me to downgrade from 4.3 two years ago.

Goto v4.1 if you plan on changing SysMenu version.
Also OP, what is it you are trying to accomplish? If you just want to remove everything to reinstall cIOSs, just post a sysCheck here.

Post a sysCheck. I will help.

S***! The update just completed. This is what I'm trying to accomplish: http://gbatemp.net/threads/brawl-and-project-m-not-loading.369387/

Should I downgrade?

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
S***! The update just completed. This is what I'm trying to accomplish: http://gbatemp.net/threads/brawl-and-project-m-not-loading.369387/

Should I downgrade?

Ah okay. So you posted a sysCheck there. I will look at it on the other thread.
As for "S***!" It's not a big deal. Just go ahead decide if you want to downgrade or not.

If 4.2 and 4.3 are just for AP, then I'll downgrade. Thanks for the help, everyone.
Yes. 4.2 and 4.3 do nothing except add AP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.