Brawl and Project M not loading.

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Mr. Prince, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Mr. Prince
    OP

Mr. Prince GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 29, 2011
    Saudi Arabia
    All Blue
    I am using wiiflow 4.2.1 with a 1TB HDD . Every games works except Brawl and project M. When I load them I get a black screen. The thing is that they RARELY load fine. I did try USB loader GX and Brawl loads fine, but Project M returns me to homebrew channel menu. To clarify, Project M is it's own iso.

Here is my Syscheck:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. jonthedit

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    May I ask what version of Project M you were using?
    Also was it a premade ISO or did you inject the Project M files into the Brawl ISO?

3. Mr. Prince
    OP

Oct 29, 2011
    Saudi Arabia
    All Blue
    3.02 I used this ISO builder (It's for mac): http://www.mediafire.com/download/xc5b9221vf9wh11/PMBuilderPyMac.zip

I can build it on PC if you think it makes difference. I used this one because the one made by damysteryman has an audio glitch.

EDIT: I might as well post my 4.3 syscheck:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

4. Mr. Prince
    OP

Oct 29, 2011
    Saudi Arabia
    All Blue
    OK I managed to solve my problem. I built the ISO on a PC this time using this guide: http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/1t4iab/project_m_30_netplay_guide/. I then used Wiibackupmanager to transfer it to my HDD. I used Witgui the first time, because WBP is not available on mac.

That still doesn't solve the problem of why USB Loader GX can load brawl fine while wiiflow rarely loads it fine.

5. jonthedit

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    What IOS are you loading Brawl with in Wiiflow? Which IOS are you loading with USB Loader GX?
    (check in game settings right before you launch Brawl)

6. Mr. Prince
    OP

Oct 29, 2011
    Saudi Arabia
    All Blue
    Both are 249.

7. jonthedit

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    Try 236 on GX; If it works, try it on Wiiflow.
    For the sake of assuming you have already tried this and it fails, what revision of Wiiflow are you using? Mind posting a screenshot of your launch options for brawl?

8. Mr. Prince
    OP

Oct 29, 2011
    Saudi Arabia
    All Blue
    For some reason Brawl and PM are working on wiiflow now 0_o
    They only thing I did was install dios-mios and loaded wiiflow from homebrew channel instead of using a forwarder channel. The revision is 441.

EDIT: I encountered a new problem, and I'm not sure if I have to make a new thread or not.
    GC games loaded through both wiiflow and USB loader GX are not detecting the memory cards.

9. jonthedit

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    That forwarder channel may actually be a installed .dol (check if the revision is different if you load the 'forwarder')

Some games have compatibility issues with memory cards.
    Which games exactly? Also, make sure you have not configured WiiFlow/GX to use an emulated memcard

10. Mr. Prince
    OP

Oct 29, 2011
    Saudi Arabia
    All Blue
    I'm pretty sure it was a forwarder channel, but I installed it using ios 236. I deleted that one and installed one using ios 249 and it worked! :yaywii: As for the memory cards, let's just say...that it was something dumb on my part.

I actually noticed the AP on 4.3 that you mentioned. Before upgrading, Xenoblade Chronicles ran perfectly. After upgrading, it stills runs fine but if I keep the game running while I'm in the home menu for a long period of time (3+ hours) it freezes on me. To be honest, I don't know if this is because of 4.3 or not but I'm pretty sure that this never happened to me when I was on 4.1. Which leads me to my next question: How can I downgrade with modmii? I made modmii download the 4.1U wad and I guess I should install it, but is that it?

11. jonthedit

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    Yup. Just make sure to reinstall priiloader/bootmii again after

12. Mr. Prince
    OP

Oct 29, 2011
    Saudi Arabia
    All Blue
    Thanks a lot for all your help.