OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Current worldwide sales are:
Xbox 360: 11.6m since 2005
Wii: 9.27 since 2006 (and this with shortages!)

Its been said that the Wii has outsold the 360 nearly every month, but take Japan sales away and its a different story.

The big Wii titles for 2007 to come:
Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy,Super Smash Bros Brawl, Nights, Zack & Wiki, Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn

The big 260 titles for 2007 to come:
Halo 3, Bioshock, Blue Dragon, Project Gotham Racing 4, Grand Theft Auto IV.

Would either of these titles increase the consoles popularity?

JacobReaper

I Love You....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Its been said that the Wii has outsold the 360 nearly every month, but take Japan sales away and its a different story.

Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy,Super Smash Bros Brawl, Nights, Zack & Wiki, Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn

the big 260?
tongue.gif

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm going with 360. It is definitely not just "for hardcore gamers". I love my Wii but many people still see it as uncool and a kiddie system.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wii/NDS/Lite shortage isn't really a shortage. Nintendo produces just enough to minimize cost for dealing with excess stocks.
Wii has sold waaaaaay more compared to 360 has sold for the same amount of time since its launch.
Practically Wii's outsold 360 at launch. Cumulative sales mean really small to current situation.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I'm going with 360. It is definitely not just "for hardcore gamers". I love my Wii but many people still see it as uncool and a kiddie system.

Go ahead, show me evidence where your grandmother played Gears of War and I'll believe you.
In the meantime, it's been countlessly proven that the wii gets you chicks.
tongue.gif

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the Wii has sold twice as fast as the X360......so it should overtake the 360 before the end of the year (should Nintendo produce enough units during November and December)

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wii will eclipse it because Microsoft fumbled the hardware design. They are still trying to say it doens't overheat or mysteriously desolder the GPU on its own. What a joke. It's a matter of time before PS3 overtakes it as well.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
According to console statistics sites, Wii would take over as early as next week or September if Wii sales lag. But it'd take more time for all stats sites to agree that Wii won, because some sites favor specific console over others and modify the numbers a bit.

kreatosoupa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

You forgot Virtua Fighter 5, Mass Effect and Army of Two. GTA IV is for 2008.

I want to know how many of the 11.6 million xbox 360 have died.

Basically, 33% of them have died. So that would be almost 4 million.

QUOTE(amptor @ Aug 7 2007, 12:09 AM)Wii will eclipse it because Microsoft fumbled the hardware design. They are still trying to say it doens't overheat or mysteriously desolder the GPU on its own. What a joke. It's a matter of time before PS3 overtakes it as well.

Do sales really matter? It's what console you enjoy the most that does. Unless you have bought Sony or MS shares of course...
tongue.gif

sasuke_kun12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i guess PS3 is out of the picture for now? I guess it all goes down to the 2 p's.

Price
Practicality

The wii's price range is just rite for the family or the casual gamer, whilst the Hardcore gamer would agree that a next gen console at under 400 (AUD) bucks is a steal.

The wii's practicality in my opinion out weighs the 360. For instance, for the internet, you just need to purchase the internet browser, and to play online you don't need a subscription to Nintendo. Another factor is the size of the console, as well as the controller design. The controller design is not too small, yet it is designed so well that a 50 year old can pick one up, turn the wii on and start playing a round of tennis (It's been proven by my Dad. I was kinda suprised to come home with my parents having a round of tennis)

thats my opinion kinda wii biased coz i don't have a 360 and have rarely played one

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
It's all because nintendo have aimed for a larger market. It all depends what type of gamer you are. Alot of people i know who brought wii's had to go out and get 360's because the wii lacks games with depth.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wii will eclipse it because Microsoft fumbled the hardware design. They are still trying to say it doens't overheat or mysteriously desolder the GPU on its own. What a joke. It's a matter of time before PS3 overtakes it as well.

lol no dude the PS3 won't have higher sales than 360 anytime soon. not with halo 3 + heaps of other good games coming out.

Yeah they fucked up the hardware design a bit but the newer consoles haven't had any problems and Microsoft claim they've fixed it in the next revision. They also added a 3 year warranty to EVERY single xbox360, which is pretty awesome..it's not like they had to do this. I've heard of Wii's starting to crap out on people if they leave it on standby too long...not as bad a problem but it's still not perfect.

I don't really care what console sells the most, I just like good games and there happens to be more on 360 at the moment.

My Wii will justify its existence once Mario, Smash bros and Metroid come out over here.

Until then the DS and 360 will be my consoles of choice.

Nope the Wii won't overtake 360 this year, probably won't till around march or so next year.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm, sorry to break it to you but Wii has outsold 360 by nearly 500k units now.

According to Vgchartz that is.Â
dry.gif
Yes but its not 2008 yet, and theres an awful lot going for the 360! Plus 360 sales have dipped since the Elite announcement. It may have taken over now but can it maintain it? I'd say yes but even if it doesn't the Wii has done extremely well to top the current 360 sales in less than a year.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The wii is selling well at the moment because of the wiimote gimmick. It NEEDS better games. When microsoft get the red light sorted on the 360, its going to be the best console out. The 360 already has the best games and you can't even compare the xbox arcade to the Wiis VC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Yeet the cat.