Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think neither will surpass the other. They will both fill their niche. They weren't really made to compete with each other to begin with.

The 360 vs PS3 thing is where the problem lies, because these two really ARE competitiors. But that's another discussion
wink.gif

nicely said, I agree 100%. Nintendo even mentioned that they weren't going for the 'hardcore' market, the casual market is truly their domain
smile.gif

hadrian: yeah hopefully, I loved both of those games so I'll definitely give mario & sonic a try.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
halo 3 will no doubt sell a whole bunch of consoles, as will mario and smash bros. Apart from mario, smash and metroid I can't really think of any other good games coming out for Wii..maybe no more heroes and mario kart(IMO, yes
tongue.gif
). I can't really see the 360 'beating' the Wii in sales over the long term but I think the gimmicky controls will start to become a hell of a lot less popular unless developers start making use of the wiimote.

360 sales are up 60% and wii is down 10% which certainly says something. I doubt the wii will sell as much as it did last christmas but hopefully it does so the quality of games might improve. I really hope so anyway
frown.gif

I can say this to you when you come out of your bubble you would have noticed that MS already announced not to reach their target of 12 million console's this year. Saying this being already 2 months old they wont even make it past 11 million this year.

Halo 3 will sell console's ? I dont think so the only reason people bought a 360 was Halo to begin with, Now Nintendo does what Microsoft dont. Nintendo is expanding the market and games that are for 1st time users more then anything else. While MS and Sony have a shrinking market to deal with

The 360 is a piece of crap it has been bugged hardware from day 1 some people cant even get a replacement unit from MS some of the drive's destroy game discs .. When you limit yourself to HD gamer you bound to get overrun by a device that is targeted at the non gamers ........

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah the xbox wont reach its mark for this year, I could not care less.

halo will sell consoles...I'll bet you 10 grand xbox sales will be up heaps next month. are you a taker?
wink.gif
anyone in their right mind would agree that halo sells consoles, whether you like it or not.

everyone can get a replacement from MS all of the consoles have a 3 year warranty now..it hasn't been out 3 years yet (I dont think?)

Yes the red ring sucks big time, although I don't know anyone personally that's had a problem with it.

last thing: sony and microsoft will be fine, I really doubt their market is shrinking because as you said: the wii is getting people that have never played video games before into gaming (which is great)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
360 sales will of course go up a lot, its Xmas soon so people will be grabbing them. Same with the Wii, people will be grabbing them as they're afraid that they may not be able to later on. PS3 should as well, exciting times me thinks.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, exciting times indeed my british friend
smile.gif

competition is good for us (the consumers) and I look forward to the great games coming out on all the consoles.

Don Andy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
360 sales will of course go up a lot, its Xmas soon so people will be grabbing them. Same with the Wii, people will be grabbing them as they're afraid that they may not be able to later on. PS3 should as well, exciting times me thinks.

My prediction for the coming year(s):

360 will probably somewhat reach the status the PS2 has now (with a flavour of Xbox 1
wink.gif
). It's affordable, it's a good system and there are loads of games for it, for everyones tastes. Although it still is fragile
laugh.gif

Wii, while some say it's "gimmicky" controls will wear off, will really start to pick off. Back then, the DS too seemed gimmicky to a lot of developers, and many didn't know what to do with them and did games with shoddy, unnecessary stylus controls. By now, the DS is a cult handheld, because the developers now got how and when to use the stylus control right. Nevertheless, the Wii will always have it's good share of partygames, family games and games for the "hardcore" community.

PS3 will be in pretty much of a drought the coming year, but after that will really pick up and become a good alternative to the 360, most likely even surpass it. By then, I expect the price to drop to something more affordable and some real good system sellers to be out. It actually is quite equal to the Wii. It made something new. Although this time it's not innovative controls (although they tried that too, hah) but REAL horsepower. Just as with the Wii's controls, the developers still got to figure out how to use that right.

Oh, and as a final note, I hope my predictions didn't come off in a way that make me look like purposely made some consoles look better or worse. Instead of fighting over which of the three toys is better, I much rather enjoy all of them
tongue.gif

So, yeah, bottom line is, it's too early for both the Wii and the PS3 to be really put "against" the 360. Besides the fact that they are not meant to be put against each other anyway
tongue.gif

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the xbox wont reach its mark for this year, I could not care less.

halo will sell consoles...I'll bet you 10 grand xbox sales will be up heaps next month. are you a taker?
wink.gif
anyone in their right mind would agree that halo sells consoles, whether you like it or not.

everyone can get a replacement from MS all of the consoles have a 3 year warranty now..it hasn't been out 3 years yet (I dont think?)

Yes the red ring sucks big time, although I don't know anyone personally that's had a problem with it.

last thing: sony and microsoft will be fine, I really doubt their market is shrinking because as you said: the wii is getting people that have never played video games before into gaming (which is great)

You still dont get it do you. Everyone that has a Xbox360 now has bought it for Halo 3. Not for anything else ...

When you target a segment that needs to have a HDTV and that segment isnt highly saturated in people's living room you have less people to buy your product. So even in 5 years time the HDTV wont have the same numbers as normal TV's even tho it will be growing it is far from optimal for selling your HD Gaming console ....

Halo 3 wont sell console's it is as simple as that ....

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm just not going to bother MrAthlon-pv. You don't need a HDTV to use an xbox 360. I don't have one and neither do any of my friends that have 360's either. It doesn't really make a difference to me, HD or not. The games are what makes the difference to most people and they will buy the console that has the games that they like the best.

everyone that bought a 360 got it for halo 3..? and everyone that likes halo already has a 360?...??!

Bruinbaard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i did read in Ngamer i thought that the wii already sold more than the 360 while the 360 was released one year earlier:)

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

santakuroosu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As I see it, the PSP is to Japan what the XB360 is to the western market. They sell, but they're not the best.
And Crisis Core, while somewhat anticipated, does not compare to Halo 3.
Halo 3 is the biggest game to hit the XB yet.
I myself am waiting to see if H3 lives up to the name to decide if I'll get a XB360.

Don Andy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Halo 3 is going to shift consoles for microsoft. I already know 3 people at work who want to pick up an elite and halo 3.
Yes. Saying that Halo 3 will ultimately boost the 360 sales and saves the console from eternal damnation or something is an overstatement. But saying Halo 3 won't sell consoles is simply ignorant.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess we'll know whether Halo 3 will shift more consoles, its definitely getting the hype thats for sure. Nintendo should look at what Microsoft are doing this week and take note, they could sell even more games.

Can't say I'll be surprised whichever way it'll go.

Don Andy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I guess we'll know whether Halo 3 will shift more consoles, its definitely getting the hype thats for sure. Nintendo should look at what Microsoft are doing this week and take note, they could sell even more games.

Can't say I'll be surprised whichever way it'll go.
Well, I guess the same is going to happen with the Wii and SSBB. Especially since SSBB is due to somewhen in December, so I can imagine a GREAT deal of kids having a Wii+Brawl beneath their tree.

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
halo will sell thousand of systems. Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros. and the link arrow game will also sell a ton of Wiis. I'm sure Metal gear Solid will sell more Ps3 consoles than Halo 3 will sell Xboxes.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
The 360 doesnt need saving anyways. I think that the wii has helped boost the sales of the 360 anyways, I know that not just me alone picked up a wii and felt unsatisfied and had to gget a 360 to satisfy that need for a good hardcore game. Im not saying the wii is terrible, just that it lacks a good base of games.
Xbox live is the best thing that could have happened to the xbox as it adds hundreds of hours of replayment value to games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-