Hacking Question Will the OLED Switch be SX-Core compatible?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 19,584
  • Replies 56
  • Likes 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely not. I am hoping that it inspires the community to look for a new exploit though since no one really cared about Mariko units (except team xecuter)

Reactions: MORSHU8KRTXON

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
for like a week lol. Everyone took that at face value and moved along
If you're talking about software exploits, the obvious CFW devs and hackers have reverse engineered probably every last byte of the relevant code that would actually be able to provide useful access for a hack to take over the system. Just because nothing has been found doesn't mean nobody bothered looking.

FFTW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It took almost 4 years for the Jtag hack on the Xbox 360, the Switch scene has had it easy ;)
the 360 had its disc drive flashed after less than a year, so it isn't like it didn't have a hack until Jtag. Jtag just opened the doors wider. a better comparison would be the PS3, especially considering how for all of its commercial life you needed a PS3 below a specific revision to hack it just like the switch, while almost every version of the 360 was hackable in someway.

Reactions: Shiro_The_Fox

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes, nintendo will release a new console version and leave it hackable, yes, bravo
Honestly, they might. We are led to believe the only difference with the OLED Switch is the new screen. Which means the SoC and everything else is the same. Also it might be out of Nintendo's hands to fix, it might depend on Nvidia releasing a fix as before.

Nintendo only ever seem to put as much effort into patching exploits and generally making life hard for pirates as they think they can make back the monetary investment on through sales to people that would otherwise be pirating. The SX chips don't seem to be manufactured anymore, there might not be much financial incentive to go any deeper to block them, so Nintendo might consider it problem solved.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They're like $200. I sure hope nobody is paying that.
Currently ones on AliExpress for less than half that, tho I can't vouch for the seller and they didn't have any reviews yet when I looked

Edit: looked again and the price I saw is gone. 150usd lowest currently. Hopefully they'll keep coming down.

Last edited by hippy dave,
Reactions: The Real Jdbye
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (cocks 12 gauge with virginity-maintaining intent) +1