Hardware Will the Circle Pad Pro no longer be supported?

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Hey guys, so we all know that Majora's Mask 3D and Monster Hunter 4 will both support the circle pad pro in addition to the new nub on the NEW 3DS. Deciding that I wanted to keep my current 3DS (no Gateway yet on the NEW model and I can't justify spending the extra money for better 3D and shorter load times) I was wondering how long it'll take for the system to become completely outdated.

The new Smash for example doesn't use the CPP. Do you guys think that titles will simply stop support for it completely?

Reactions: Mama Looigi

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There isn't much support to speak of as of now, wouldn't you say?

But if they do program the controls on the extra buttons and nub of the N3DS, why shouldn't that work on the CPP too?

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Yeah there's not lots of support now, that's true. But I figure the NEW 3DS will have a larger install base so more games will be released that will use the new buttons and controls. It seems that if they wanted to they could start supporting the CPP again. BUT they may decide not to as a reason to get people to upgrade (I hope that's not the case).

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It is almost certainly dropped. The main reason cited by developers for the lack of support is the fact that it actually uses CPU resources due the adaptor itself not containing much real circuitry to run itself. This put off many developers from supporting an extremely niche product. This is also why the New 3DS and Circle Pad Pro are not 'automatically' compatible.

This, and Nintendo's own desire to push people towards the New 3DS, will probably ensure that there will be no more Circle Pad Pro games.

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah there's not lots of support now, that's true. But I figure the NEW 3DS will have a larger install base so more games will be released that will use the new buttons and controls. It seems that if they wanted to they could start supporting the CPP again. BUT they may decide not to as a reason to get people to upgrade (I hope that's not the case).

A install base larger than the standard 3DS line? Don't make me laugh. :rofl:

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
The reason it wasn't used in Smash and other games like Kid Icarus: Uprising is because it takes up system resources, and both games take full advantage of every bit of power the system can muster.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGhhGhvxbvI