will the A320 or A330 ever be possible to emulate PSX? N64?

Salax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is an emulator, but it is pretty choppy from what I've heard. It will probably run a lot better on the 330.

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
I've tried psx4all on the dingoo. On the one hand I'm impressed that they can do it and make it "work".

On the other hand it is really not any fun, imho. It's some technological gee-whizzery but I couldn't sit down and play a game for fun. The build that has sound support is unplayable, and the build that doesn't have sound functions but loading is very slow, like any time the PSX would be accessing the CD, the dingoo is really really slow. And gameplay is tricky as the dingoo doesn't have enough buttons, so for some things you have to use key combos to get the right button.

-Atashi

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly guys spend the money on a PSP, that emulates almost anything damn near, while this dingo plays some things. Also, the PSP plays PSP GAMES!

Wynd

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N64 will never happen on the current Dingoo hardware because the instruction set conversion will tax the CPU far beyond it's capabilities. We got lucky that it was MIPS architecture (though would have been better if it was MIPS32r2), so we can run PSX games at a rather decent speed for something with so little power.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
themuddaload said:
if you want to emulate psx get a psp... near 100% perfect emulation

It's probably to expensive and/or almost dead (the next PSP isn't that far away) for him/her, so don't suggest that.

I just bought a used psp-1000 for 60 USD, and grabbed a used 8gb memory stick for 25. So for roughly the same price you can get a system that has more support/homebrew/games/etc/etc/etc as you would buying a shitty Chinese product.
It might almost be "dead" but nows the time to grab one, cheap as hell, huge library of games, nice selection of homebrews/emulators that have been refined for years.

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Crass said:
Satangel said:
themuddaload said:
if you want to emulate psx get a psp... near 100% perfect emulation

It's probably to expensive and/or almost dead (the next PSP isn't that far away) for him/her, so don't suggest that.

I just bought a used psp-1000 for 60 USD, and grabbed a used 8gb memory stick for 25. So for roughly the same price you can get a system that has more support/homebrew/games/etc/etc/etc as you would buying a shitty Chinese product.
It might almost be "dead" but nows the time to grab one, cheap as hell, huge library of games, nice selection of homebrews/emulators that have been refined for years.

LOL the doctor guy from planet of the apes-whats good?

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
i can't help but notice the psp does alot more than the dingoo consoles, its so cheap to buy a psp console and play any ps1 game you want, as-well as a few n64 games that i don't see much point buying anything else atm.

Even the Pandora isn't worth buying in my opinion, the psp can already do almost every 2d console you throw at it, but it also has 3d support of ps1, psp and some n64. It's hard for any other homebrew device to compete.

I play GB/GBC and GBA games on my ds lite and thats only because the lower dpi makes the games look better.

I guess the only advantage they have is that they don't have to be hacked and they can run Linux distributions.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Also keep in mind that the DSTwo supposedly uses the same CPU and RAM as the Dingoo A320. That means that once the SDK is released, all of the Dingoo stuff can be ported over to the DS. Even better, Dingux could probably be ported which would make all of the Dingux emulators and apps work as-is on the DS with a DSTwo (the modified Dingux kernel would have to support downconverting to the DS's native resolution though).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: