how good is n64 emulation on switch homebrew

CruelAlchemist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so I downloaded retroarch on my switch earlier and I'm gonna get some n64 roms for it at some point (gonna use the mupen64plus core) and I just wanted to know how well it does in emulating N64 games

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Everything works apart from Quake 2 and Killer Instinct. Goldeneye needs a Glide Mupen core. Most games need specific settings and overclock, if anyone says differently they haven't found the right settings

jkm81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything works apart from Quake 2 and Killer Instinct. Goldeneye needs a Glide Mupen core. Most games need specific settings and overclock, if anyone says differently they haven't found the right settings
share your setting for conker and banjo tooie, please

Reactions: nWo

CruelAlchemist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
will a games like the zelda games and DK64 for example work just fine on basic default retroarch settings and default system clock

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Use european roms when possible. NTSC roms should be better, but not for the switch, which struggles to reach 60Hz. PAL games, at 50Hz, offer a smoother emulation experience.

Reactions: izzeling

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
1785 CPU
Post automatically merged:

I'll post settings later, I think conker needs FBEmulation either on or off, some slow games benefit from Countperop being set to 1

CruelAlchemist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1785 CPU

I'll post settings later, I think conker needs FBEmulation either on or off, some slow games benefit from Countperop being set to 1
so highest clock settings, got it

1785 CPU

Btw, I know it's a stupid question but how safe is overclocking the switch in retroarch, and how quickly does overclocking the switch in retroarch drain the console battery

Last edited by CruelAlchemist,

eldavo2090

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I can't make Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon to work smoothly with Retroarch, do you happen to know the settings to make it run decent?

CruelAlchemist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1785 CPU

so highest clock settings, got it
Stick to 1785 CPU and you'll be fine. Been using OC since 2019, no issues.
right. and I'm guessing this only affects retroarch and not the whole system like with sysclk

these are the roms I have in my N64 list btw (Majora's mask and Ocorina of Time have they're redux QoL presets from the patcher64+ tool with a couple unselected settings turned on by me)
Screenshot 2024-03-14 195842.png

ok update on the whole thing I can't get N64 games to work somehow despite being on highest clock settings retroarch just crashes Immediatly, I've also decided I'm just gonna keep all emulation related stuff on my laptop and just use switch homebrew for switch games and homebrew apps like mario 64 nx and am2r for example

Last edited by CruelAlchemist,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto