will the A320 or A330 ever be possible to emulate PSX? N64?

Discussion in 'Dingoo & Gemei' started by Zalda, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Zalda
    OP

Member Zalda GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    fluently that is.

2. dukemagus

Member dukemagus GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    turning sound off and using light gtames... maybe

3. Salax

Member Salax GBAtemp Regular

United States
    There is an emulator, but it is pretty choppy from what I've heard. It will probably run a lot better on the 330.

4. themuddaload

Member themuddaload Creepin' hardcore.

United States
    if you want to emulate psx get a psp... near 100% perfect emulation

5. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    It's probably to expensive and/or almost dead (the next PSP isn't that far away) for him/her, so don't suggest that.

6. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
  7. Atashi

Member Atashi Out of the Loop

Canada
    I've tried psx4all on the dingoo. On the one hand I'm impressed that they can do it and make it "work".

On the other hand it is really not any fun, imho. It's some technological gee-whizzery but I couldn't sit down and play a game for fun. The build that has sound support is unplayable, and the build that doesn't have sound functions but loading is very slow, like any time the PSX would be accessing the CD, the dingoo is really really slow. And gameplay is tricky as the dingoo doesn't have enough buttons, so for some things you have to use key combos to get the right button.

-Atashi

8. wyndcrosser

Member wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Honestly guys spend the money on a PSP, that emulates almost anything damn near, while this dingo plays some things. Also, the PSP plays PSP GAMES!

Wynd

9. gameking66

Member gameking66 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    N64 will never happen on the current Dingoo hardware because the instruction set conversion will tax the CPU far beyond it's capabilities. We got lucky that it was MIPS architecture (though would have been better if it was MIPS32r2), so we can run PSX games at a rather decent speed for something with so little power.

10. Crass

Member Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

United States
    I just bought a used psp-1000 for 60 USD, and grabbed a used 8gb memory stick for 25. So for roughly the same price you can get a system that has more support/homebrew/games/etc/etc/etc as you would buying a shitty Chinese product.
    It might almost be "dead" but nows the time to grab one, cheap as hell, huge library of games, nice selection of homebrews/emulators that have been refined for years.

11. nugundam0079

Member nugundam0079 GBAtemp Fan

United States

LOL the doctor guy from planet of the apes-whats good?

12. ryan90

Member ryan90 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    i can't help but notice the psp does alot more than the dingoo consoles, its so cheap to buy a psp console and play any ps1 game you want, as-well as a few n64 games that i don't see much point buying anything else atm.

Even the Pandora isn't worth buying in my opinion, the psp can already do almost every 2d console you throw at it, but it also has 3d support of ps1, psp and some n64. It's hard for any other homebrew device to compete.

I play GB/GBC and GBA games on my ds lite and thats only because the lower dpi makes the games look better.

I guess the only advantage they have is that they don't have to be hacked and they can run Linux distributions.

13. nl255

Member nl255 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Also keep in mind that the DSTwo supposedly uses the same CPU and RAM as the Dingoo A320. That means that once the SDK is released, all of the Dingoo stuff can be ported over to the DS. Even better, Dingux could probably be ported which would make all of the Dingux emulators and apps work as-is on the DS with a DSTwo (the modified Dingux kernel would have to support downconverting to the DS's native resolution though).

14. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    I'm fairly sure the DSTwo lacks an MMU, so no dingux.

15. nl255

Member nl255 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

I didn't think the Dingoo had a MMU. I know the PSP (also MIPS) does not have a MMU.

16. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The Dingoo has an MMU. A specific variation of linux (uClinux) designed to not need/use an MMU is all that can be used on the PSP. Dingux is not such a variant.