Gaming will StarCraft II run on my computer ?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
my friends have been telling to go and get StarCraft II since i've been needing to find a new game . WarCraft III i used to play but mainly DoTA which then led to me playing League of Legends . they've been telling me to save up for StarCraft II instead of buying Riot Points so i decided to take their advice . i meet the minimum for StarCraft II but i am just wondering , how much can my computer handle ?

CPU: AMD Phenom II x2 550
RAM: 2x2GB DDR2 1200 [4GB total]
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5770

what lvl of settings can i play on a resolution of 1920x1080 ? at least 60FPS to be playable .
and how heavy is the game on the actual system ? just in case if i have to monitor my temperature for both the GPU and CPU .

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got the same gpu, I ran the demo. Everything maxed and stuff. Didn't bother to check fps.

It runs smoothly though

My monitor isn't 1080p. Also, gbatempASK anybody?

Dialga.The.Maste

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just look at the description in the game, the ones that say "Heavy on CPU", set them to low/med and set the rest to High. I use a GTS 450(Less Powerful) and get 60 fps with these settings.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You really don't need a game to be running at a constant 60 fps for it to be "playable" A lot of console games run at 30 fps and it's more than enough. 60 Fps is just the exact best but if your game is always around 30 fps you won't notice.

Starcraft 2 isn't really demanding, It runs on my spare 8 year old pc
smile.gif

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have the same graphics card as you 1080p monitor, I run max settings like nothing.

I also have a better CPU, but if you scroll over a setting for graphics, it'll tell you if it uses GPU or CPU and you can just turn that down.

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
my friends have been telling to go and get StarCraft II since i've been needing to find a new game . WarCraft III i used to play but mainly DoTA which then led to me playing League of Legends . they've been telling me to save up for StarCraft II instead of buying Riot Points so i decided to take their advice . i meet the minimum for StarCraft II but i am just wondering , how much can my computer handle ?

CPU: AMD Phenom II x2 550
RAM: 2x2GB DDR2 1200 [4GB total]
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5770

what lvl of settings can i play on a resolution of 1920x1080 ? at least 60FPS to be playable .
and how heavy is the game on the actual system ? just in case if i have to monitor my temperature for both the GPU and CPU .

You'll run it just fine maxed and at 1080p, you may not get 60 FPS, but I have similar specs and I get it most the time. The game isn't /that/ heavy on the system, it's not going to push the temps to omg bacon time. Heck, the game is just fine at 20-30 FPS, not stuttery at all.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanks !
i noticed that 60FPS isn't necessary to have a playable game on StarCraft II !
the only problem i have is ALT-TABing and then having lag on stuff like my browser and such . but it's not much of a problem .

i got the game i guess "yesterday" since it's 12:06am and so far my thoughts are alright . the graphics are visually appealing i'd say and a great boost from WarCraft III and especially the first StarCraft . been playing on Ultra but the basics are troublesome . i played jut a bit of campaign but when i played online , i get dominated by Void Rays ._.

quick question ,
when i said lag on my web browser and youtube videos , they seem extremely slow and sluggish . by upgrading my CPU to possibly a quadcore , will it be less sluggish or just the same or just a slight change ? just something i am curious about , so if i get the spare money , i will consider upgrading .

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Kirby - what browser you using ?
are you watching vids off of a media player or just off of a site like youtube ?
i have no lag on youtube , but while i run StarCraft II , i experience heavy lag .

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Core2Quad q6600
6GB DDR2
Geforce 8800 GTS 512MB

I have just that and it runs maxed without any problems. Now, if I were to replace my video card with something new, I could easily run 99% of the games out there, even the one that require i7.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
@Kirby - what browser you using ?
are you watching vids off of a media player or just off of a site like youtube ?
i have no lag on youtube , but while i run StarCraft II , i experience heavy lag .
Both, and I use FireFox.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.