Will SigHax/B9S allow me to install Dev Unit FW on a retail console?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by 20AD02, May 20, 2017.

1. 20AD02
    OP

20AD02 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Hey guys, I tried to install SNAKE FW on my N3DSXL for quite some time now, but with no luck.

2. Thelostrune

Thelostrune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 13, 2015
    Norway
    Doesn't Luma do that, actually? Pretty sure it's an option in the menu for Luma B9S.

3. HugaTheFox

HugaTheFox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 11, 2017
    United States
    Las Vegas
    No. You need to inject a OTP from Dev and flash the firmware for devs through hardmod. Or just use Luma.

4. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    It does.

"
    • Set developer UNITINFO: patches the value of CFG_UNITINFO sent to the ARM11 on boot to make applications believe they are running on a developer unit, and switches the CIA encryption to the developer one.
      This makes ErrDisp display debugging information and allows you to install and run certain system software for development units, but also prevents using the eShop, amiibo, retail-encrypted CIAs etc."

nechigawara and Thelostrune like this.
  5. Myria

Myria GBAtemp Fan

Jul 24, 2014
    United States
    This isn't possible yet, but it will be possible. Once boot9 was dumped, it became possible. (Even if sighax didn't exist, faking a dev system could be done using a9lh with the information from a boot9 dump.)

It's more that no tools to let you do this yet.

By the way, the reverse is possible, too. It would be rather fun to use a Partner CTR Debugger unit running in retail mode with the remote debugger functionality enabled. Great way to make cheat codes.

6. pixelmasher

pixelmasher Gaming Gamer

Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    Near N3DS
    Myriachan from the stream? If so, thanks for the math and the compute time. :bow: