Misc Will replacing broken joycon rails make a V1 Switch unmodable?

Kyokoneko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit of a dumb question, but for context:
I got my hands on a V1 unpatched switch, but it's in heavily damaged condition. The right joycon rail has been broken off, the game card reader is damaged, the shell is beaten and scratched, and the console is filled with a shit ton of dust. I plan on repairing it, but I'm worried if replacing the joycon rail will make the console unmodable, as the RCM jig is meant to be placed there during the modding process.

Reactions: impeeza

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got my hands on a V1 unpatched switch, but it's in heavily damaged condition. The right joycon rail has been broken off, the game card reader is damaged, the shell is beaten and scratched, and the console is filled with a shit ton of dust. I plan on repairing it, but I'm worried if replacing the joycon rail will make the console unmodable, as the RCM jig is meant to be placed there during the modding process.
Replacing the rail is perfectly ok, and will help to enter RCM and push a payload.

Kyokoneko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus... That console's been through a lot.
It was damaged over time, but the joycon rail was kinda my mistake...
Get one of those dock controllers, take away the nasty joycons altogether!
I honestly might get those NYXI Hyperions that people were talking about. They seem like nice picks.

Reactions: Blythe93

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just don't let Ninty repair it for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta lube up diidy to change characters +1