Hacking Will my Wii still play official games?

flammingcowz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if I installed everything so that I could play backup Wii games, would my Wii still be able to play official Wii games? The custom firmware IOS readme's always say that the IOS only work with homebrew, and that is why I am asking.

Also, what would happen if I updated my wii console while it was set up to play burned games?

flammingcowz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the fast reply! To install CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad, do I need CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad or any other wads?

I just need the "CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad" in the wad folder, right?

flammingcowz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I can't find 'IOS249' when im in the DVDX installer, i scroll to advanced and keep pressing left and right but nothing else shows, should I click A on Advanced first?

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
flammingcowz said:
Oh, I can't find 'IOS249' when im in the DVDX installer, i scroll to advanced and keep pressing left and right but nothing else shows, should I click A on Advanced first?

Once you install the cIOS wad, Make sure you uninstall any previous version of DVDx then re-install the DVDx and the Wad should be there.

If you just installed DVDx for the first time, and the "249" isn't there, then did you properly install the cIOS?

flammingcowz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so very confused, I'm new to Wii homebrew but have been in the PSP scene a lot.

I installed the CIOS rev 5 with the Wad loader(I have "CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad" in my wad folder, alone)

Then I booted the dvdx installer and it had no Uninstall option because I have never installed it before. I pressed down on the dpad twice until "Advanced" was highlighted. I then pressed both left and right a few times and nothing else showed up. Is there something else that I need to install or put on my SD card?

Or, should I click A on Advanced, before 249 will show up?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hitler would've made a decent a rapper +1