will my micro sd work for now

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by kofman13, Oct 2, 2011.

Oct 2, 2011
  1. kofman13
    OP

Member kofman13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I am ordering a Super DSTwo as my first flash cart tonight... and i will get a class 4 or 6 micro sd next week. but i have a spare 2 gb micro sd lying around that came with my phone and now has no use as i upgraded to a 32 gb one..... it doesnt say what class it is so im guessing its class 2...?

if it is class 2... is that too slow to do ANYTHING? i know people recommend class 4 or 6, but how do you think my experience will be with a class 2 micro sd for the week i wait to get a faster card? ( i dont plan on watching movies off the card, just ds games and gba roms MAYB)

2. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    Doesn't really matter, although people say that a fair amount of problem on a lot of flashcarts are caused by crappy micro SD cards. If you're going to get a class 4/6 one, then you can just use the 2gig one as a test micro SD card.

3. kofman13
    OP

United States
    part of this post was to find out if i even need to get a faster card lol

4. Alex Salto

Newcomer Alex Salto Member

United States
    it doen't matter, you can still use your 2 gb micro sd [​IMG]

5. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    Also do note that MicroSDs don't have a Class specification, MicroSDHCs have one. Only way of finding out if it works as you want it is to test it. Since you already have the microSD lying around, try it out. I still use my old 1 gb MicroSD on the old R4 without any problems and an old 2gb on the AK2i. (16 Gb Class 4 SDHC on the DSTwo/iEvo, depending on which I want to use)

-Qtis

6. kofman13
    OP

United States
    i will test it... my dstwo is 1-2 days away from arrival! so excited.

7. chaosdarkneo

Member chaosdarkneo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've used my Class3 for 3 years on my Original R4.

It does slow a little bit and has corrupted once. (able to recover all the data easily though)

I recommend once you experience any kind of slowdown with your MicroSD that you upgrade.