Hacking Will iPlayer work after Firmware 1.4 upgrade?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jeffajab
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,394
  • Replies Replies 5

jeffajab

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Aug 5, 2009
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
XP
11
Country
United States
I was excited about the iPlayer for my new DSi (and this forum had the most info on it), but today I learned about the Firmware 1.4 upgrade in the United States that adds Facebook but also blocks Flashcards. The retailer Two Slots even has a warning on their iPlayer product page. What is going on with iPlayer and Firmware 1.4?

Sorry if I missed this conversation anywhere here. I'm new to the forum and any info would be appreciated, thanks.
 
Yes, I wasn't sure how buried that thread was. Thank you here and thank you there.

I can't believe this news, however. This is crazy that this potentially great product is now useless.
 
Yeah...hopefully they actually can offer a fix. Otherwise, they're screwed...along with everyone who bought one.
 
It isn't fully useless (Older firmwares), many flashcart teams (Acekard, M3 Team, etc.) are still working on a solution to bypass the 1.4 firmware. So this product is only useless with the 1.4 firmware and I'm not sure but the hardware might be upgradeable kind of like the M3i0, SCDS1i, Ak2i and so forth.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted