Will I get banned for trying to redeem used download codes?

scaredteen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was being dumb and I tried to use download codes that old people posted on amazon reviews. Of course none of them worked as I kept getting the message “Code has already been used”. I ended up just buying the game anyways and I’m now waiting for it to come in thru mail. I realized how dumb I was for trying that and now i’m scared i’ll get banned before i can redeem my code. Does anyone know if i have the potential to be banned? edit:my switch hasn’t been hacked in anyway

scaredteen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the reassurance. i was just scared since i saw that people can get banned for sketchy eshop behavior and maybe nintendo would think that i was trying to brute force some codes.

Spectremint

Trophies
Website
spectremint.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the reassurance. i was just scared since i saw that people can get banned for sketchy eshop behavior and maybe nintendo would think that i was trying to brute force some codes.
An understandable concern. Sketchy eShop behavior usually means things along the lines of giving yourself funds illegitimately, and I think running pirated Switch software counts too. The former was also a bannable offense on Wii U and 3DS before the closure of those storefronts. In your case though, you have nothing to worry about.

Reactions: scaredteen

scaredteen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An understandable concern. Sketchy eShop behavior usually means things along the lines of giving yourself funds illegitimately, and I think running pirated Switch software counts too. The former was also a bannable offense on Wii U and 3DS before the closure of those storefronts. In your case though, you have nothing to worry about.
thank you so much. i’ll def stop trying to do stupid stuff from now on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol