Using HATS pack on my OLED switch, do I need to do anything to avoid ban?

eddz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi everyone, I've downloaded and installed HATS and was following the instructions to avoid a ban here https://rentry.org/AvoidSwitchBan
It suggests using the following things to avoid a ban:

I'm using EmuNAND and don't plan on ever booting into SysNAND (it's a brand new Switch with nothing in sysnand).
When I go to set up Exosphere and DNS MITM I see that it's already included with the HATS pack (great!)

But when I go to setup Incognito I see I need to download and install NxNandManager and the instructions was using scary language like...

1701838542612.png

I have two questions.

1) Does anyone have any advice here? I haven't booted into sysnand OFW yet but at some point I will and want to avoid getting banned.
2) Is it only possible to be banned while booted into Sysnand OFW?

Thanks.

eddz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No need of Incognito if you are using exosphere + DNSMITM
Thanks.

I noticed that emummc.txt was missing in the HATS pack (see Note in below screenshot). So I installed it from the link found here: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/sd_preparation/

That page says: "Putting the emummc.txt file provided by this guide into /atmosphere/hosts will prevent your emuMMC (emuNAND) from connecting to Nintendo. Not doing this will likely result in a ban."

1701839738633.png

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks.

I noticed that emummc.txt was missing in the HATS pack (see Note in below screenshot). So I installed it from the link found here: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/sd_preparation/

That page says: "Putting the emummc.txt file provided by this guide into /atmosphere/hosts will prevent your emuMMC (emuNAND) from connecting to Nintendo. Not doing this will likely result in a ban."

View attachment 407534

No need of the emummc.txt, I am using HATS and no emummc.txt.

eddz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No need of the emummc.txt, I am using HATS and no emummc.txt.
OK good to know, thanks.

So I've booted into emunand and installed some not-so-legit games. One of them is asking me to turn off flight mode (connect to the internet). Is it safe to do?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK good to know, thanks.

So I've booted into emunand and installed some not-so-legit games. One of them is asking me to turn off flight mode (connect to the internet). Is it safe to do?

You would be fine if the game try to connect to nintendo server as your serial number are blanked out so you won't connect to Nintendo Server, you are okay to be on wifi.

Last edited by Hayato213,
Reactions: eddz

eddz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You would be fine if the game try to connect to nintendo server as your serial number are blanked out so you won't connect to Nintendo Server, you are okay to be on wifi.
So even if I didn't have the hosts file blocking all the Nintendo servers, I still wouldn't be banned because the CFW has removed my serial number?

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Doesn't only Incognito blank out PRODINFO? OP's on Exosphere and DNS MITM, which afaik only hard-block all connections to any Nintendo-related domain.

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't only Incognito blank out PRODINFO? OP's on Exosphere and DNS MITM, which afaik only hard-block all connections to any Nintendo-related domain.
Incognito removes the serial number from the Switch emmc. Exosphere is a software solution that does the same thing without modifying the data on the emmc.

Reactions: eddz

eddz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Incognito removes the serial number from the Switch emmc. Exosphere is a software solution that does the same thing without modifying the data on the emmc.
OK thanks. So I now know not to install Incognito. I do want to use online stuff on OFW from time to time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Lol not me trying to get people to make an uncensor patch for imagine makeup artist