Will DS/DSi flash carts work on the 3DS?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
machomuu said:
ProtoKun7 said:
My guess would be that they won't work (or at least the vast majority). The 3DS has a level of multitasking, so I'd guess that maybe it may check what's being played not just on loading it, but while it's being run.

If anything were developed though, I'd rather some type of softmod/CFW, as with the PSP, rather than a flashcard solution.
3DS multitasking doesn't affect DS-mode games.
I know; I ended up rambling about 3DS mode flashcarts.
wink2.gif

Still, I doubt they will work.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AlanJohn said:
I'm pretty sure that the SCDS2 can trick the 3DS thinking its a "real" game by using its CPU. But even if we are able to make DSi flashcarts work we still need to make another one to play 3DS games...
Yeah... No. It doesn't work that way.
The game info gets read by the DS, if it passes the check it loads.
The fact the DStwo has CPUs has nothing to do with it. The fact that it has an updatable firmware (firmware =/= menu) DOES make a difference since a fix like there was for the AceKard2i can be done.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
twiztidsinz said:
AlanJohn said:
I'm pretty sure that the SCDS2 can trick the 3DS thinking its a "real" game by using its CPU. But even if we are able to make DSi flashcarts work we still need to make another one to play 3DS games...
The fact the DStwo has CPUs has nothing to do with it. The fact that it has an updatable firmware (firmware =/= menu) DOES make a difference since a fix like there was for the AceKard2i can be done.
That means no-no flascart goodnes for me... I just got a SCDS2 and now I find out that I'm doomed with the 3DS...

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AlanJohn said:
twiztidsinz said:
AlanJohn said:
That means no-no flascart goodnes for me... I just got a SCDS2 and now I find out that I'm doomed with the 3DS...
Until the firmware is updated.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
TehSkull said:
AlanJohn said:
twiztidsinz said:
AlanJohn said:
Yeah, but they did they anounce the Update MANUAL or AUTOMATIC? If manual yay for hackers, if automatic yay for bad people who like to pay alot of money for games.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AlanJohn said:
TehSkull said:
AlanJohn said:
twiztidsinz said:
AlanJohn said:
Yeah, but they did they anounce the Update MANUAL or AUTOMATIC? If manual yay for hackers, if automatic yay for bad people who like to pay alot of money for games.
It's manual, but that's not what I was talking about. The SCDS2 probably won't work in the 3DS until the DS2's firmware gets an update.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Yu-Gi-Oh 100 said:
here's idea why don't you just buy the game instead that way it's guaranteed to work.

Not going to lie dude, you're pretty much on the wrong site for that sort of talk.

Also, can we talk about that girl on that Acekard 3D site? She's fawkin FIIINE!

Ewww, God no. She's so ugly. Her face is chubby and her arms have rolls.

Just because her shirt shows cleavage and her belly button just makes her look like a slut.

..Back on topic, I believe that they will block the carts, that fact of how fast they pulled Sudoku from the Shop proves that Nintendo is monitoring the forums.

A note to Nintendo, MAKE MORE KIRBY GAMES.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
haloman800 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Yu-Gi-Oh 100 said:
here's idea why don't you just buy the game instead that way it's guaranteed to work.

Not going to lie dude, you're pretty much on the wrong site for that sort of talk.

Just because her shirt shows cleavage and her belly button just makes her look like a slut.

..Back on topic, I believe that they will block the carts, that fact of how fast they pulled Sudoku from the Shop proves that Nintendo is monitoring the forums.

Please, get out of your basement. Apparently you've never seen an actual, real-life speciement of a "woman". Your preferences are obviously influenced by what you see on TV. Guess what? TV lies.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Palom said:
So, did the SCDS2 work or not? Or was it even tested yet?
I don't think it's been tested.

When 3DS's are in GameStops to demo, I'm sure it won't be long until someone tests.
I know when my GameStop gets a 3DS(if it gets one) I'll test my AK2i in it.

Laughing Stock

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how they didn't even bother to find another woman to put on the site. She's still holding an iPod.

Oh dear gawd, "Get up to 36 hours of battery life."

lol

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
haloman800 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Yu-Gi-Oh 100 said:

Please, get out of your basement. Apparently you've never seen an actual, real-life speciement of a "woman". Your preferences are obviously influenced by what you see on TV. Guess what? TV lies.

So I'm guessing your preferences are you like chubby fat sluts, most likely because that's all you could get, if you ever got the balls to talk to a "girl"?

Stay on topic, chill out.

No, I believe Nintendo'll have patched all existing exploits used by DSi flashcarts, but I believe it's possible for updates to be released eventually that get around the new anti-piracy features.

Edit: btw, @TehSkull, AlanJohn is a troll, if you didn't know..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...