Hacking Will arm9 ever work without a SDcard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This master race nonsense is exactly that. There is no such thing given the scenarios we have at our disposal now. Menuhax serves it's propose. Just as A9LH does to you guys here. It doesn't mean one hack is better than other. Why cause a divide within a community just for the sake of trying to be the "bigger, master" of them all. It makes no sense to me.

If A prefers Menuhax and B prefers A9LH. This does not mean that B is superior to A. It just means that A and B prefer one hack over the other.

Same goes for A. A needs to stop defending Manuhax and B needs to stop defending A9LH. A and B are technically controlled by the devs of those hacks. Without those devs, you would all be screwed. Do you think the devs of both these hacks think little of each other. Highly doubtful. They learn from each other. I doubt that they slag each other off and boast who's hack is best. It's children attempting to act all high and mighty. It's exactly the same situation between the PS4 vs Xbox vs PC "master race". Here's an idea. Why don't you all actually play those consoles rather than spending (wasting) your time defending something that the developers couldn't care less about.

Rant over.

I personally never stated that one is better than the other, what i stated is that for you to say something is "master race" or "revolutionary" it has to be undeniably better. If you have to give up features to get something the other doesn't have,the master race banter starts to become very annoying very fast. Specially when I ask a question and people tell me I am salty or jealous. I just wanted to know if a9lh could ever fix that minor inconvenience I am not defending one over the other and like you said I think everyone should pick the one that suits them personally. To be honest I think it is a bit ignorant of me to expect respect on a console that is mostly used by a younger aged crowd,I just have nostalgia over original xbox modding when I was 10 years old back when I could ask a question without being ridiculed.

I am not saying one is better than the other I think they both have pros and cons which is why i thoroughly disagree with the statement that a9lh is "master race". More than anything I think I am projecting my discomfort that people can no longer ask questions on the 3ds section without facing insults/smart aleck replies. It is honestly a shame if you ask me,because people brick their consoles to avoid the harassment and it should not be that way as we are a community.

Reactions: dg_dex

dg_dex

Trophies
XP
Country
I personally never stated that one is better than the other, what i stated is that for you to say something is "master race" or "revolutionary" it has to be undeniably better. If you have to give up features to get something the other doesn't have,the master race banter starts to become very annoying very fast. Specially when I ask a question and people tell me I am salty or jealous. I just wanted to know if a9lh could ever fix that minor inconvenience I am not defending one over the other and like you said I think everyone should pick the one that suits them personally. To be honest I think it is a bit ignorant of me to expect respect on a console that is mostly used by a younger aged crowd,I just have nostalgia over original xbox modding when I was 10 years old back when I could ask a question without being ridiculed.

I am not saying one is better than the other I think they both have pros and cons which is why i thoroughly disagree with the statement that a9lh is "master race". More than anything I think I am projecting my discomfort that people can no longer ask questions on the 3ds section without facing insults/smart aleck replies. It is honestly a shame if you ask me,because people brick their consoles to avoid the harassment and it should not be that way as we are a community.

I feel the same way given certain scenarios I've found myself in during my time here. I can respect you as you reply with a very intellectual and respectable tone. Your response is the type of response that causes constrictive criticism. Those are the conversations that should happen within a community such as this one.

I think we should all stop being so ignorant to the fact that not everyone is technically minded. Plus, like you mentioned, we are ignorant to the fact that so many members here are children.

Reactions: funnystory

dg_dex

Trophies
XP
Country
I understand the OP's need for A9LH to be running directly from the nand. He or she wants the console to run in the exact same manner as a stock console would run. It's not technically about the SD card. It's more of a compulsion or need to have a console running like it would out of the box. I myself was like that with my Xbox 360. I wanted everything to be planted internally. I didn't want to set an external HDD up just to install games to FSD. I wanted my console to be just that. No external items wanted. I changed my mind over time as I much preferred the 1TB storage over the low storage M$ offered.

It would be nice to be able to boot A9LH with the knowledge that my console wouldn't run the risk of being a brick. It's ok for someone to slam the OP and say 'just back your SD card up and buy a new one'. Not everyone in the world can purchase a new one. Some people really do struggle in this world.

Last edited by dg_dex,
Reactions: funnystory

ketal

aiueo
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The thing is
why would you want to run that without an sd card
if 3ds internal memory can fit barely a couple games?

Reactions: Supster131

dg_dex

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think the OP wants to install games on the nand. I think the OP wants to have A9LH on his nand and then a way to install his games to an SD card. That way, if the card fails. He or she can still run the 3ds.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have absolutely no idea what booting up a 3DS have to do with games.
Using a 3DS is impractical without an SD card, that's what we're trying to say.
What are the odds of you not using an SD card, if every 3DS comes with at least a 4GB SD card (which is better than nothing).

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Using a 3DS is impractical without an SD card, that's what we're trying to say.
What are the odds of you not using an SD card, if every 3DS comes with at least a 4GB SD card (which is better than nothing).
And...? Before A9LH I intentionally use my 3DS without a card multiple times a day.
It's kinda dumb running your entire console off of a 2 centimeter device and not being able to function without.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And...? Before A9LH I intentionally use my 3DS without a card multiple times a day.
It's kinda dumb running your entire console off of a 2 centimeter device and not being able to function without.
If you don't like it, don't use it. This argument is annoying. If you don't like how a9lh works people, DON'T USE IT! Stop creating threads about how you don't like this or you don't like that. If you don't appreciate what it does, then that's fine, don't use it and if you do use it, don't waste everyone's time by trying to argue your side of the story. A9lh allows much more features than menuhax and if you can't handle a simple thing as no sd card then please look elsewhere.

PS I know you didn't create this thread.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
If you boot up a 3DS is to play with it. isn't it?
Same reason you boot up a smartphone to make calls all day. I guess.

If you don't like it, don't use it. This argument is annoying. If you don't like how a9lh works people, DON'T USE IT! Stop creating threads about how you don't like this or you don't like that. If you don't appreciate what it does, then that's fine, don't use it and if you do use it, don't waste everyone's time by trying to argue your side of the story. A9lh allows much more features than menuhax and if you can't handle a simple thing as no sd card then please look elsewhere.

What's also annoying is how people ignore the thread and derail the topic. And how apparently people are against trying to make things better. I'm not even mad about the hack. I've seen this happen where everyone never has an actual discussion and instead is just arguing with OP.

Last edited by Halvorsen,

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same reason you boot up a smartphone to make calls all day.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What's also annoying is how people ignore the thread and derail the topic.
The question was already answered a few pages back. The devs are the ones to decide if it's worth pursuing.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

isnt that like completely the opposite of a hacking and homebrew website....if you dont like 3DS games as they are and your console works as it is, dont use it

im sorry but i can toally agree when people are whinging for stuff even after being told its not possible, but from the very get go in this thread it was pretty rude "URGH DONT LIKE IT DONT USE ITTT "....sorry but just because you dont want something or understand why anyone would want it, or even if its of very little merit at all in the grand sceme of things doesnt just make you an authority on what is worth of discussion or not.....dont like the threads?......well dont use them ;)

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
isnt that like completely the opposite of a hacking and homebrew website....if you dont like 3DS games as they are and your console works as it is, dont use it

im sorry but i can toally agree when people are whinging for stuff even after being told its not possible, but from the very get go in this thread it was pretty rude "URGH DONT LIKE IT DONT USE ITTT "....sorry but just because you dont want something or understand why anyone would want it, or even if its of very little merit at all in the grand sceme of things doesnt just make you an authority on what is worth of discussion or not.....dont like the threads?......well dont use them ;)
Exactly my thoughts. When I post a thread in here I'm always sure my question might not gwt answered. While I posted my query on how I should get regionchanging functional, I was sure someone would just ignore it and say "use regionfree CIAs".

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I get why people want booting with no sd card. That was one of my first posts I talked about when I first got a9lh on my system. You get used to it though. You have to understand that if it hasn't been implemented, then it's most likely something that many people aren't in need of so there's less of a demand. And a hacking and homebrew website is for hacking and homebrew, not for complaining repeatedly about how the newest hack doesn't meet your standards. If it doesn't meet it, then just use a lesser hack lIke menuhax+cfw. It works fine and meets all your standards.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah this thread was done pretty much after the first page,
Q : "is this possible"
A : "yes but it isnt really a urgent feature and dev's are busy working on other stuff"

everything else really was just smarmyness which imho was unwarranted, maybe if the thread was "can i play ps4 gamez on mah 3Ds pl0x" but this in my opinion while being a relatively useless feature in the grand scheme of things isn't totally without reason, its not like the OP just came out with "WTF WHY THE DEVS IDIOTS NOT FIX IT "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)