Will an M3 Real with Sakura work on a DSi?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by MitchStar, Apr 1, 2009.

Apr 1, 2009
  1. MitchStar
    OP

Newcomer MitchStar Advanced Member

United States
    I'm thinking about upgrading to a DSi in the next few days. Will my M3 Real with Sakura work? Or would I have to buy a new flashcart?

2. Zerrix

Member Zerrix GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    You would have to buy a new flashcart like the AceKard 2i or wait for M3i.

3. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Yah but even still an AK2i may not work on the USA or Euro versions of the DSi.

4. zerolinks

Member zerolinks GBAtemp Regular

United States
    that would be the only reason why im going to hold off on the DSI
    So that it can be confirmed that flash cards work on the US version and to see what sort or hacks can be found

5. dfgged

Member dfgged GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I double that. I was so excited untill I found out that my iTouchDS and M3 DS Real wouldn't work on a DSI.

6. Kuschel-Drow

Member Kuschel-Drow GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    I wouldn't even get a DSi...
    I mean seriousely, the ONLY new feature of it, compared to a usual DS with a working Sakura firmware on its flashkart would be the camera, and that the browser is a little faster, but still no flash support. Then you can't play your GBA games anymore (and there are some really good ones!) And then... no MP3 support, no ogg support.. AAC format... (And who REALLY needs the voice and music editing stuff? oO*) I wonder what Nintendo was thinking...? Did they even have a look at what was possible on their old DS using a flashkart? And if they did, why didn't they just react to it?

Okay the CPU's and everything are said to be a little better than the ones of the normal DS, but if you look at the downloadable content they showed in their commercials and on some websites... from what I have seen up until now much of the DS's homebrew is BETTER than that... So if your cellphone does have a proper camera (and mine does) then just stay with your DS for now. ^^

I mean... okay perhaps they'll come up with some really good downloadable content, like a mp3 player, or even a videoplayer, but my DS does have it NOW and I do not want to miss my GBA games, and just for playing around with a camera I wouldn't spend so much money into nothing. No way!

I'd only buy a DSi if it's clear that M3i (if it comes out) WILL work on the EU version of the DSi, plus if someone would come up with a reliable GBA emulator...

Oh yeah almost forgot... I do have problems holding my DS for 2 hours or so, because of its shape, and they evne make it thinner? O_O From its shape the first ever DS was really great. The DSL with its sharp edges sucks sometimes, and I don't really want to imagine how the DSi feels. x)

But if someone really ordered one... feel free to write a little something about it...

7. nagareboshi

Member nagareboshi GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I'm actually considering buying a DSi if new colors are available in Europe. But I'm not quite sure yet.

What I really wanted to ask is: Is there really absolutely no chance that a firmware update can fix the M3 Real compability to a DSi? As you can see, I have not a clue about such things. [​IMG]

8. 11gardir

Member 11gardir GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    If it could be done with a firmware update, I think theyd've done it already.
    The DSi will be specifically designed to NOT work with current flashcarts.

9. DeltaBurnt

United States
    Yah, gardir is right they may have as well released an update as soon as possible to block the flash carts. Because waiting just means that there will be more people who can play flash carts on more firmwares.

The only reason they might be waiting to block (or try atleast) flash carts in an update is because they want all the flashcarts for the DSi released so they could run them on the DSi and see how to take them all out.

But that's a small chance.

And plus, Nintendo (in my opinion) isn't smart enough to realise they can take out flashcarts with a firmware update. Also I think they're not smart enough to see if you have a flashcart/custom firmware when you connect to the DSi store and ban you.

Currently the only company that is smart enough to do that is Microsoft (which makes since...I guess). (But don't get me wrong, I don't like the 360).

Sorry I went on a rant there...

10. dsrules

Member dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

it seems like M3 Sakura does work on DSi, but it might require some hacks into to make it work

11. thekame

Newcomer thekame Newbie

France
    the only smart company is sony with ps3 microsoft aint shit xbox hacked to hell

12. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Is it really the M3 inserted in the DSi?
    Maybe its M3 sakura firmware on another flashcart

13. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    i guess that guy only used his TTDSi to bypass the security checks from the DSi FW.

14. DeltaBurnt

United States
    He probably used an existing card (maybe the new iTouch2?) and hacked Sakura to work with it.

15. thedicemaster

Netherlands
    no, what he did was boot the DSi with a TTDSi, he then "took control" using a little homebrew tool on his TTDSi, switched carts, and passed control to the m3sakuraFW on an m3real.

there's also a dedicated card for that, i think called the iPass.

16. wchill

Member wchill Resident chillxpert

United States
    Huh, now I want one of those carts.
    Then I don't have to buy a new flashcart all over again

17. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Don't act too soon
    The video has no proof the M3 works with the DSi

18. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    I think he might have ment the iPass thing.

19. thedicemaster

Netherlands
    theoretically any slot-1 flashcart can be made working if you use the iPass.

20. lurked

Member lurked GBAtemp Regular

United States
    FOR THE LAST TIME
    DS FLASHCARTS DONT WORK ON DSi