Hacking Will an M3 Real with Sakura work on a DSi?

MitchStar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking about upgrading to a DSi in the next few days. Will my M3 Real with Sakura work? Or would I have to buy a new flashcart?

zerolinks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that would be the only reason why im going to hold off on the DSI
So that it can be confirmed that flash cards work on the US version and to see what sort or hacks can be found

dfgged

Bridges
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zerolinks said:
that would be the only reason why im going to hold off on the DSI
So that it can be confirmed that flash cards work on the US version and to see what sort or hacks can be found
I double that. I was so excited untill I found out that my iTouchDS and M3 DS Real wouldn't work on a DSI.

Kuschel-Drow

Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wouldn't even get a DSi...
I mean seriousely, the ONLY new feature of it, compared to a usual DS with a working Sakura firmware on its flashkart would be the camera, and that the browser is a little faster, but still no flash support. Then you can't play your GBA games anymore (and there are some really good ones!) And then... no MP3 support, no ogg support.. AAC format... (And who REALLY needs the voice and music editing stuff? oO*) I wonder what Nintendo was thinking...? Did they even have a look at what was possible on their old DS using a flashkart? And if they did, why didn't they just react to it?

Okay the CPU's and everything are said to be a little better than the ones of the normal DS, but if you look at the downloadable content they showed in their commercials and on some websites... from what I have seen up until now much of the DS's homebrew is BETTER than that... So if your cellphone does have a proper camera (and mine does) then just stay with your DS for now. ^^

I mean... okay perhaps they'll come up with some really good downloadable content, like a mp3 player, or even a videoplayer, but my DS does have it NOW and I do not want to miss my GBA games, and just for playing around with a camera I wouldn't spend so much money into nothing. No way!

I'd only buy a DSi if it's clear that M3i (if it comes out) WILL work on the EU version of the DSi, plus if someone would come up with a reliable GBA emulator...

Oh yeah almost forgot... I do have problems holding my DS for 2 hours or so, because of its shape, and they evne make it thinner? O_O From its shape the first ever DS was really great. The DSL with its sharp edges sucks sometimes, and I don't really want to imagine how the DSi feels. x)

But if someone really ordered one... feel free to write a little something about it...

nagareboshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm actually considering buying a DSi if new colors are available in Europe. But I'm not quite sure yet.

What I really wanted to ask is: Is there really absolutely no chance that a firmware update can fix the M3 Real compability to a DSi? As you can see, I have not a clue about such things.
biggrin.gif

11gardir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If it could be done with a firmware update, I think theyd've done it already.
The DSi will be specifically designed to NOT work with current flashcarts.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yah, gardir is right they may have as well released an update as soon as possible to block the flash carts. Because waiting just means that there will be more people who can play flash carts on more firmwares.

The only reason they might be waiting to block (or try atleast) flash carts in an update is because they want all the flashcarts for the DSi released so they could run them on the DSi and see how to take them all out.

But that's a small chance.

And plus, Nintendo (in my opinion) isn't smart enough to realise they can take out flashcarts with a firmware update. Also I think they're not smart enough to see if you have a flashcart/custom firmware when you connect to the DSi store and ban you.

Currently the only company that is smart enough to do that is Microsoft (which makes since...I guess). (But don't get me wrong, I don't like the 360).

Sorry I went on a rant there...

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
no, what he did was boot the DSi with a TTDSi, he then "took control" using a little homebrew tool on his TTDSi, switched carts, and passed control to the m3sakuraFW on an m3real.

there's also a dedicated card for that, i think called the iPass.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol