Hardware Will a Lens Cleaner CD/DVD work on wii?

beanman25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know wii doesnt run basic cds or dvds, but would it work? How much do they usually cost? What does it do, I understand the concept but how does it work.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Theoretically if you used Team Symbiote's DVD player utility you may be able to run that cleaning DVD properly.

But I really wouldn't try!

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can't use a standard drive cleaner in a slot loading drive.
The cleaning disc has little brush on it that can either break off due to the guard on the drive, so either it goes in without the brush or the brush is in the drive.
If you managed to get it in and the brush doesn't come off you could end up with the disc stuck in the drive.

Some slot loaders are thin drives and as such the laser is sat closer to the disc and the cleaning disc could damage the laser.

thevern

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normal cd cleaners wont work as you have to select to play a certain "track" on the disc that moves the cd lens over the brush

Nintendo has released a 1st party wii lens cleaner. I bought mine through amazon for £7.

works differently than the brush method, as it has a cleaning pad that is inserted into the slot.

I havent used it yet, but I am hoping that it allowes me to play SSBB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0