1. jt_1258

OP jt_1258 Human?

United States
    For some reason the control stick on the left joycon that came with my switch is going wild. It randomly thinks I'm pushing it in some direction from time to time and has issues with actually excepting that I'm pushing it in a direction or stoped pushing it. It's really inconsistent on doing this to. I have tried calibrating it and updating it and nothing fixes it. I did include a video of this and it's further and further into the video that it truly showed it's colors of screwing up. Also, it seems it's not just with my switch as I had similar issues when using it to play sonic mania on my laptop.

Edit: This happens even when there connected to the switch itself

Last edited by jt_1258, Jan 2, 2018
  2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    Pic broken link

3. PewnyPL

PewnyPL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Poland
    The video doesn't work, however it fits the issue that most launch JoyCons had where they were losing connection. Is there anything between the joycon and the switch while this is happening? Even literally your own arm or leg could cause trouble. IF in the video it's actually visible it's not this (again, it doesn't work) disregard this.
    Either way, sounds like a good idea to RMA it, Nintendo should accept the joycon only (no need to send the whole console), as was in my case.

4. jt_1258

OP jt_1258 Human?

United States
    I'll add this to the op but, this happens even when attached to the switch as seen in the video

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

video fixed

5. PewnyPL

Poland
    RMA it, something is broken.

6. jt_1258

OP jt_1258 Human?

United States
    ehh...the only reason I haven't jumped to that yet is cause I'm scare, I've heard the horror stories of people loosing there saves... :shiver:

7. Shadow#1

United States
    Your saves arnt stored in the joy-cons

Seliph likes this.
  8. jt_1258

OP jt_1258 Human?

United States
    no but I assume they would want the whole package back for the rma, like I said, these are the joy cons that came with the switch that I got over the summer

9. Shadow#1

United States
    Nope

10. PewnyPL

Poland
    Contact Nintendo and tell them what is wrong, best to just keep saying it's the JoyCon, then they should tell you to only send the faulty joycon and (copy of) store receipt. I RMA'd my own JoyCon due to the launch issue and that was all that they needed, waited around 2 weeks for it.

11. jt_1258

OP jt_1258 Human?

United States
    so as long as I have the receipt they won't make me pay for the repair?
    side note, I bought it online through gamestop so I have a digital reciept rather than phisical

12. PewnyPL

Poland
    Yes, Switch has as far as I remember a 2 year warranty so all repairs that were not evidently caused by the user (i.e. spilling a drink over the joycon or console) are free. And that is of course fine, what they need is a "Proof of purchase" with the date, and GameStop's digital receipt will be fine (may have to print it out when sending the joycon in of course). But first of all contact them and say what the issue is, either call or use the online chat thing (if they still have that)

jt_1258 likes this.
  13. Shadow#1

United States
    Not in the USA we only get 1 year from Nintendo

14. jt_1258

OP jt_1258 Human?

United States
    oh, geez do we get stiffed :/ well, the switch hasn't even been out for a full year so it's definetly still active

15. jt_1258

OP jt_1258 Human?

United States
    Alright, I'm sorry for the nearly 1 month bump but this is an update to this issue becoming even worse somehow.
    I had bought a second pair of joy cons a month or 2 after I got my switch awhile back, and now this issue I'm having with my original pair of joy cons is happening with my second pair. There has to be some sort of reason for why this is happening cause this is clearly not just a fluke or coincidence

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - misoperating, control, Wildly