ketosan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello people,
i hope you can help me with my issue. I have a PAL Wii 4.1E which was originally a Japanese one with latest IOS/CIOS. I'm using the EmuNand from USB Loader GX and it works fine for most games. But there are WiiWare games that works on RealNAND but not on the EmuNAND like Phoenix Wright Justice for All PAL/NTSC, Bomberman Blast PAL/NTSC or Contra Rebirth for example. I can install them via 'Features'. Also the Game Window pops up fine but as soon as i start the game the screens get black and then resets me to the Wii-Menu.

That's what happends in the EmuNAND. I also tried to install them into the RealNAND via Wad Manager and it works perfectly fine somehow.

Is there any way to make these games work for the EmuNAND?

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try installing them to the RealNAND with a WAD Manager of sorts. If you've never played them before from RealNAND, boot them a couple times to make sure they work, then use USB Loader GX to Dump the full NAND to EmuNAND. Games that reset to Wii Menu/ReturnToLocation can always be fixed by doing that. Whenever somthing freezes in-game though, it's just incompatable. For example, Contra Rebirth will not boot when directly installed to EmuNAND, If dumped from RealNAND it boots, but it freezes after the Wii Remote Safety Screen. It's Just Incompatable. whereas Bomberman Blast doesn't boot when directly installed, but works 100% when dumped from RealNAND.

ketosan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you CheatFreak47,
i forgot to tell that i also used the exact the way you explaining before by fooling around. Yes, this actually works but do you know another way? Is there an option to dumb the games/channels from realnand seperately? I mean it's not practical to use this method for further games. If you download a new game that has the same issue you will have to dumb the complete realnand with savegames/channels/sysconfigurations again and again.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easy there, chill on the "download" talk, bro. Talk of that stuff is generally moderated heavily on here.
And, nope. Not that I know of anyway.
My Setup & Advice
Keep less on your NAND and more on your EmuNAND(s)
I use SD for saves emulation and USB for channels emulation
The less you keep on the NAND the faster the dumping.
Make a catagory, set it to hide, and apply it to any dummy NAND garbadge and unwanted channels that get dumped everytime so you don't have to delete them every time you dump your NAND for whenever you end-up with another "non-booting" game.

Overseer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've always had more success by using ShowMiiWads/ShowMiiNand to install WADs on a EmuNAND rather than using the feature in USB LoaderGX.

(Although I believe Cyan recommends against it)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not fully against it, it's a nice program. You can use it for most games.
The problem is when a game need to be installed in a path containing a FAT32 incompatible character.
The program doesn't use the same replacement than d2x.
But as long as the game use standard ASCII characters, you can use it :)
just know what you are doing.

About ketosan problem, it's because these games doesn't work with emuNand.
Neek2o emulated NAND is required for the problematic games. USB Loader GX is not compatible yet with launching neek2o, please use another loader until it's added to GX.

ketosan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Easy there, chill on the "download" talk, bro. Talk of that stuff is generally moderated heavily on here.
But i think as long as you download your games legally there's nothing to worry about ;)

Ok, thank you guys anyway. Any recommendations for alternative USB loaders that are compatible with these games or better with all games?

Edit:
I've always had more success by using ShowMiiWads/ShowMiiNand to install WADs on a EmuNAND rather than using the feature in USB LoaderGX.

(Although I believe Cyan recommends against it)
Wow, i also tried to install WiiWare Games over ShowMiiWads. What i have to say it's awesome it make those games work. I don't know why these games works if you install it via this program and why they not work with the install feature of USB Loader GX. Thank you Overseer, now i can continue using USB Loader GX without any additional loaders...

Overseer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, i also tried to install WiiWare Games over ShowMiiWads. What i have to say it's awesome it make those games work. I don't know why these games works if you install it via this program and why they not work with the install feature of USB Loader GX. Thank you Overseer, now i can continue using USB Loader GX without any additional loaders...
Glad I could help :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn