Homebrew Wiiware / VC ISO Forwarders made easy

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The source for loader.dol is the same source as Triiforce rev78
wink.gif

For some reason, the line of code that prevents in-line params working has never been fixed, so you have to alter a line yourself (as documented in this thread) then compile the code

Rename the resulting .dol to loader dol - and there it is!

So - if Mighty channels is a mod of Triiforce, the code is either already in it or has been removed and can presumably be replaced.

Triiforce itself is incompatible with the later cios revs - if a simple change would fix that, I'm sure the change would have been made by now.

You can change the slot that Triiforce loads from, but still you are limited to the older revs of cios
smile.gif

flowlapache

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Tristar said:
The source for loader.dol is the same source as Triiforce rev78
wink.gif

For some reason, the line of code that prevents in-line params working has never been fixed, so you have to alter a line yourself (as documented in this thread) then compile the code

Rename the resulting .dol to loader dol - and there it is!

So - if Mighty channels is a mod of Triiforce, the code is either already in it or has been removed and can presumably be replaced.

Triiforce itself is incompatible with the later cios revs - if a simple change would fix that, I'm sure the change would have been made by now.

You can change the slot that Triiforce loads from, but still you are limited to the older revs of cios
smile.gif

thanks for your help. I don't have time to spend with it for now. I will just try to change the slot used by triiforce (loader.dol) (as 246 for exemple) and put the cIOS38 rev 17 on this slot to have d2x on other slots.

To change the slot used by triiforce (if I put cios38 r17 in another slot than 249) I have to redo all my iso? I can't just change it in the "loader.dol"? I'm not member of googlecode, so I can't have sources..but I have a friend who is ok to try helping me

EDIT:
Iwas happy to see triiforce to be improve again with rev 86! Which one works with cIOS d2x... But unfortunately if I put 86 instead 78 in the "nandgames" folder, it doesn't work... I don't understand why, it works with 78!!!grrrr

BinkyTClown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a weird problem using wad2iso on groups of wads (wads I know work individually)

The process appears to work correctly and the isos are created and appropriately named.

When I try and put them on my WBFS partition using WBFS or Wii Backup Manager, it's seeing all the isos as the SAME game and in every attempt it's seeing them all as copies of the LAST game processed in the batch.

IE if Final Fantasy 2 is the last wad processed in WBFS, ALL the isos show up as FF2.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong here?

Thanks for a great program btw, It's going to vastly simplify things for someone like me. Had fits getting Mighty Channels working.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wad2 iso(triiforce) and mightly channel uses the same emul nand

wbfs .... better use fat32

i think for vc wiiware better use mightly channel or sneek

BinkyTClown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zizer said:
wad2 iso(triiforce) and mightly channel uses the same emul nand

I know, I cleared the drive off and started over.

QUOTEwbfs .... better use fat32

i think for vc wiiware better use mightly channel or sneek

I've given up on getting mighty channel working correctly. What cios to install where is beyond me and I haven't really found a decent basic guide on it.

Not sure what you mean by use fat32. The drive I'm using has a fat32 partition and a WBFS partition. Am I adding an extra step by converting the isos and putting them on the WBFS drive?

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you can use hdd with 1 partition fat32

mightly channel work with cios d2x v6 final base 56 or cios38rev17

wad2iso work with cios38rev17

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
iancer said:
that would be GREAT! being able to select a GC game from a loader right next to the other titles.

I do that..(although using a WODE, but the idea is the same)..see my sig (Bomberman Generations is on GC).
So maybe it can be done ?

djc151084

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.navitotal.com
XP
Country
hi maybe i have mis read the initial post and missd something and trying to do something that is not possible lol
tongue.gif
i have some wads i would like to play and i want them to show alongside in the usb loader, now i have suxcessfully created the iso's from the wads and put them on my usb drive and have the covers showing , but when i start 1 of the games i get a black screen and white writing saying "can't find loader.dol" , some1 know a fix for this ? also my hard drive is NTFS is this a problem
frown.gif

thanks
djc

EDIT: I copied the folder "NandGames" to the root of my sd card from the "Wad2ISO" directory on my pc and now the error message has gone but i still just get a black screen and my Wii just Hangs
frown.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What zizer says is most likely the problem (rev17 is way outdated, but still needed for this thingy).

In any case: the dol in \nandgames is actually triiforce. Try copying it to \apps\triiforce\boot.dol (yes, rename the copy to boot.dol) and run it through the homebrew channel. Then attempt use it to run the wads you were trying to play. It may be that you need to change some settings (changing video settings is likely for out-of-region games). In any case: if you get it to run, take note of the settings (assuming they're different than normal). You'll need those to properly make the .iso.

Important: if you can't get your games to run under the included version of triiforce, don't even bother to attempt to make an iso forwarder for it. It would be like making a windows shortcut to a program that doesn't work.

nicklessguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
EDIT: Forget everything i said, i have good news:

- Working perfectly with cIOS56 d2x version 7 alpha 5 fixed (get it here), installed in slot 249.

Now all games (genuine and injected) that i tested worked perfectly, both by manually loading "Loader.dol" and via ISO forwarders too, using default ISO generation options and tested on Wiiflow (r304) with default slot (249).

Finally, it's all working together in a way that is also the most compatible with WiiGames as well, woot
biggrin.gif

Madrigal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having problems with the installer "WAD2ISO download failed. Check internet connection and try again". Does anyone have the program already downloaded that they can link to?

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
wad2iso work with cios38rev17
As nicklessguy states above, Wad2ISO does work with the later cIOSes available.

I have only found 1 Wiiware title (Bonsai Barber) that refuses to work with the dx2 v7 alpha/beta range.
The workaround was extreemly simple - install cIOS38r17b into slot 199 and use this slot to launch the
problem title (set in options when ISO is created)

Everything works fine, enjoy! ;)

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Could you possible modify Triiforce 78 to look inside nand\ on either sd or usb?
Triiforce is currently capable of launching wiiware installed in sd nand, usb nand or real nand.

You would know which one of these locations you installed your wiiware to, and can easily
select it (from the options) when you create your Wad2iso forwarder

So there is no need to modify Triiforce, as it already has the capability to load from any nand you may be using ;)

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my nand on usb:\nand\ and triiforce does not read this unless it's on root of usb or sd. What I tried was having uneek+di setup and having a seperate nand on sd just for WAD2ISO since there are only a couple of games I want to load like this. The 2 just interfere.

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have my nand on usb:\nand\ and triiforce does not read this unless it's on root of usb or sd. What I tried was having uneek+di setup and having a seperate nand on sd just for WAD2ISO since there are only a couple of games I want to load like this. The 2 just interfere.
I'm pretty sure that Triiforce only sees nand in root of SD/USB
If you're using sneek etc. then you shouldn't really need Wad2iso / Triiforce cos you're already using nand emulation

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but i'm only trying to setup an ISO forwarder to Succussfully Learn German Years 2-5 which since I do not use uneek alot I would actually like to have it on it's seperate nand since folders arent supported. If folders were supported then I wouldnt care but I just hate clutter.

I understand it's a weird request but considering I have bootmii:boot2 it's rather annoying to always boot into uneek+di setup when it's easier to just boot into the actual Wii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster