Wiiware question

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Xellos2099, Dec 11, 2010.

Dec 11, 2010

Wiiware question by Xellos2099 at 3:52 AM (967 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Xellos2099
    OP

Member Xellos2099 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I am wondering what is the best way to install wiiware or virtual console game to the wii. do I just put it in a sd card and install it with wad manager?

2. danweb

Member danweb GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    that is the way i use. Get the wad's from where ever and then just use wad manager.

3. SuperMarioMaster

Member SuperMarioMaster GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Pretty much, yeah. Though I use the "Multi-Mod Manager". Also, make sure you have the proper IOS to install them. I believe the ones for WiiWare/VC games is IOS36. To play them on the SD Card Channel, you also need to use "Dop-IOS install IOS60 v6174 with Sig Hash Check."

Correct me if I'm wrong or missing anything.

4. brausm08

Member brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    mostly right...you can also use IOS236 if you have it....IOS36 needs to be patched if you are using that, newer mod guides don't need patching IOS36 since HBC1.0.7.....

...i can't speak on the need of IOS60, because i use a better solution than the SD Card Menu....

IMO: it's better to use SNEEK or Triiforce (w/ cIOS249v17 for compatibility) as WW/VC gobble up your 512MB system memory so fast....Nintendo's "solution" of the SD Card Menu is not the best as it is hard on the NAND with the writes and rewrites....Triiforce and SNEEK are better solutions as they are truely launched/played off of a Virtual NAND stored on removable media; SD Card Menu is only a storage device which requires the titles to be moved back to the real NAND for launching.

5. Xellos2099
    OP

Member Xellos2099 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I tried to look into modmii for the sneek installation but it so so complicated not sure what to choose.

6. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

nand emulation is good but afraid to install

7. kylster

Member kylster mich weich töten

United States
    Nand emulation? like sneek? just boot your WW/VC games through your usb loader. you can search wad2iso and get the proper info on how very easy.