Hacking WiiWare North American Games Released Online!

TS5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TS5 said:
Does anyone know what happens if you try and install too many things that your wii has space for, can't find this answer any where.

Thanks, TS5

My original question if anyone knows the answer.
An example of this is what would happen if you tried to install a wad with wad manager/installer that you though required 200 blocks and you had 240 blocks free but it actually required 260 what would happen??
i can not find a specific answer to this question.
- would the wad installer say 'failed' and delete what it has installed?
- are you left would correct data
Thanks Ts5

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
it will install but the wii will lock up and not let you access it until you delete things

TS5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jan777 said:
it will install but the wii will lock up and not let you access it until you delete things

Thankyou, so you can install more blocks than you've got and alll you have to do is delete some stuff.
I was just wondering because it has massive warnings in the wad installer.

e.g. "WARNING!!! DO NOT INSTALL MORE VC GAMES THAN YOUR WII HAS SPACE FOR!"

Also i found someone saying you need to format system memory

"WARNING! WARNING!!!

Do not attempt to install too many VC games in 1 shot! Insure you have enough space on your Wii b4 attempting to install all the VC releases ! Your wii will become corrupt, in a sense that it wont boot properly! No System Memory left!!! You must in this case format ur wii completely! frown.gif install 2-3 at a time to ensure u dont fill ur wii completly and error it up like i did!"

mattlouf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Still, keep following these advices
wink.gif

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's decent..... your typical shmup game. If you like the genre you'll like it, if you don't then I doubt you'll start liking it because of this game.

Also there is a wiiware release going around labeled as Art.Of.Fighting.Wiiware.Wii -> This is not a wiiware release it is a neogeo vc release. Still good, but should be nuked for labeling. It was not scene released, it was release iND

TinyTine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've tried it and I agree with you, it's a typical shoot'em up. By the way, am I bad or is the game a bit difficult ?

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TinyTine said:
I've tried it and I agree with you, it's a typical shoot'em up. By the way, am I bad or is the game a bit difficult ?

Its more like a Touhou difficulty then like R-Type or the Thunder Force Series. I prefer games like this were you have to learn to play and die on almost every level atleast once.

GGC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I uninstalled Lost Winds using the WAD manager 1.1 (I wanted to unlink my Wii Shop channel account and MyNintendo account)
I re-installed it using WAD Installer 2.1 and now the game doesn't recognize my save anymore!
When I load it, it shows 3 empty files.
Is that normal??
HELP please!!

TS5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
GGC said:
I uninstalled Lost Winds using the WAD manager 1.1 (I wanted to unlink my Wii Shop channel account and MyNintendo account)
I re-installed it using WAD Installer 2.1 and now the game doesn't recognize my save anymore!
When I load it, it shows 3 empty files.
Is that normal??
HELP please!!

Did you copy save file to sd card and then back again because, wad manager/uninstaller deletes save file
Hope this helps!

GGC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TS5 said:
Did you copy save file to sd card and then back again because, wad manager/uninstaller deletes save file
Oh it does? Because the save file for Lost Winds was still on my Wii when I came back to the data management screen (after deleting the game using WAD manager).
That's when I made a backup of it. I'm confused.
blink.gif

TS5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
GGC said:
TS5 said:
Oh it does? Because the save file for Lost Winds was still on my Wii when I came back to the data management screen (after deleting the game using WAD manager).
That's when I made a backup of it. I'm confused.
blink.gif
Thats odd i'm sure it deletes it i'll check later

GGC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've started the game from the beginning again, it's not like it's a Final Fantasy game...
But I'm still curious to know if the WAD uninstaller deletes save files as well.

klee1987

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
anyone managed to get the US version of FFCC:MLAK working on a jap wii?

I really want to play the game in english. I patched it with freethewad but it still doesn't work...

also, does the pal version work (if it exists). Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo