Wiiware and Virtual Console games not working

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by DC01, Apr 19, 2019.

1. DC01
    OP

DC01 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2019
    United States
    I've installed all of my Wiiware and Virtual Console games from my bricked Wii on my new Wii with homebrew. Except, Pokemon Rumble is the only game that is working. This is booting from an sd card, by the way. I know these aren't broken wads, I booted up all the games from the Wii menu just fine, then I moved it to the SD card and it doesn't work.

Last edited by DC01, Apr 19, 2019
  2. shinsekaito

shinsekaito Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2015
    Spain
    alexander1970 likes this.
  3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Modmii is the easiest method to get patched IOS80 for the wii. (attention : don't mix Wii and vWii IOS80 patching methods if you look on random website !)
    But there are another way to play wads/channels, it's by using a channel loader. There are dedicated homebrew, or you can use USBLoaders too.

you can install wad into a copy of your system memory located on SD card (copy your full Wii system to SD card), then the console loads files and games from that copy instead of the original internal memory using a redirecting game loader.
    it's called "emuNAND", it has around 80% compatibility.
    for all games not compatible, you can install them to internal (or official SD menu, but you need to patch IOS80). Note that you don't need to patch IOS80 if the games are located on the console's memory, it's only required if they are on the official SD menu.

Last edited by Cyan, Apr 20, 2019
  4. DC01
    OP

DC01 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2019
    United States
    I got a patched IOS80 for my Wii, it works fine now. Thanks!