WiiWare #0514 - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (USA)

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Awesome, apparently not much different from GBA and NDS versions, not much worth playing unless you haven't played it before or want to for nostalgic reasons.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to have this in my collection, but am also sad to hear that the last episode has been cut, and although it was built exclusively for the DS version, it was also the most innovative portion of this game. I've heard mixed feedback, and I get the impression that we're better of playing this on the DS. Well, until a DS emulator arrives on the Wii, I guess this will be fun for us fans who wish to play Phoenix Wright on our big screens.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
dsfanatic5 said:
I'm going to have this in my collection, but am also sad to hear that the last episode has been cut, and although it was built exclusively for the DS version, it was also the most innovative portion of this game. I've heard mixed feedback, and I get the impression that we're better of playing this on the DS. Well, until a DS emulator arrives on the Wii, I guess this will be fun for us fans who wish to play Phoenix Wright on our big screens.

Its been cut, because the final chapter is going to offered as DLC.

Falco20019

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
"It print's money? Let us port it!
biggrin.gif
"
"Oh! We could offer the last chapter as DLC! So we can make even more money!!"

I had liked it if it were a new title. But nice for people who haven't played it... I'm waiting for the new on DS
biggrin.gif

kirokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Falco20019 said:
"It print's money? Let us port it!
biggrin.gif
"
"Oh! We could offer the last chapter as DLC! So we can make even more money!!"

I had liked it if it were a new title. But nice for people who haven't played it... I'm waiting for the new on DS
biggrin.gif

Haha, the DLC isn't that bad compared to how much you are getting it for wiiware from what you could have ultimately payed for in the DS version

LufianGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already beat it again using the japanese version that had full english. I love this series and can't wait for all of it to go to wiiware (I did play all the DS games also).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IGN gave this a 6.0. It keeps the same gameplay and stuff, which is good, but it's not quite a good port. Graphics are oversized from the DS, sound only comes from the Wii remote instead of your TV (so it's scratchy as fuck), just lackluster overall.

Still, if you wanted to give Phoenix Wright a try and you don't have a DS, I guess this will work.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Chanser said:

I loved that video, it was so funny !
I just wanted to check it out but I couldn't help myself to sit trough the whole first chapter laughing hard at the commentary !
I didn't realize that this game had potential to be played on the TV with company and have even more fun !
I always solitary played it on my DS late at night before going to sleep........
But yes, I wish they had used the original source material for this port and presented us with nicely anime style hi-res graphic and a more solid wii interface....
Oh well, let's hope it does well, and why not ? Maybe we'll see a Phoenix Wright Rebirth ? It sounds good already LOL

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Guild McCommunist said:
IGN gave this a 6.0. It keeps the same gameplay and stuff, which is good, but it's not quite a good port. Graphics are oversized from the DS, sound only comes from the Wii remote instead of your TV (so it's scratchy as fuck), just lackluster overall.

Still, if you wanted to give Phoenix Wright a try and you don't have a DS, I guess this will work.

Wait, what if you mute your Wiimote speaker? Doesn't that force the sound out of the TV?

Jojounin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did anyone manage to make it work?

If I try to load it from the Wii menu (got 3.2U) it just restarts the system, and if I try to load it from GeckoOs I get the #002 error message
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...