Gaming Wiiu Zelda Breath of the wild possibly Leaked already

Status
Not open for further replies.

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
I believe the VENOM update IS the v1.0.0 and not v1.1.0 so this should be alright. You shoul get the small update though. But in any case just deinstall the update again and get the NUS one. Problem solved.

Downloading it now, but it's taking a while. Any way I can force my Wii U to check for an update to the game?

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
Downloading it now, but it's taking a while. Any way I can force my Wii U to check for an update to the game?

If you mean downloading Venom, then your Wii U will update automatically on loading the game. If you're downloading through a NUS application you'll have the 156mb update included already.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How do I do that? I installed in the NAND, can I still edit?
Sure, just run mocha first and then ftpiiu everywhere

You can use an FTP client or just use Windows Explorer. Go to the address bar and type ftp://000.000.00.000 (not this, but the ip address displayed in ftpiiu)

You'll see the various folders. The internal memeory is "storage_mlc", and usb is of course "storage_usb"

Check the folder usr/title/00050000/101c9500 for the game and usr/title/0005000e/101c9500 for the update.
They have a structure very simliar to a game in loadiine. Just copy their meta.xml to the PC and edit them in notepad.
Find the part that says
<region type="hexBinary" length="4">00000004</region>

And change the value to FFFFFFFF, for example
<region type="hexBinary" length="4">FFFFFFFF</region>

Now just copy the file back to the games or update's meta folder, replacing the original one.

Last edited by piratesephiroth,
Reactions: YannSy

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
what nus grabber is working... i downloaded several and all stop work before loading something....
also in the iso site, dont have venom update yet -.-

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
If you mean downloading Venom, then your Wii U will update automatically on loading the game. If you're downloading through a NUS application you'll have the 156mb update included already.

No, what I'm saying is I applied the Venom update, but when I launch the game now, the game just starts. The Wii U isn't automatically downloading the new update. And when I get to the main menu, it's version 1.0.0. I'm asking if there's any way to force/manually check for a game update on the Wii U.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what nus grabber is working... i downloaded several and all stop work before loading something....
also in the iso site, dont have venom update yet -.-

Yes they do, look for a poster called dazzat

Reactions: PacPera

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
No, what I'm saying is I applied the Venom update, but when I launch the game now, the game just starts. The Wii U isn't automatically downloading the new update. And when I get to the main menu, it's version 1.0.0. I'm asking if there's any way to force/manually check for a game update on the Wii U.

Are you running custom DNS servers? Is your Wii U even connected to the internet? :P

My disc copy arrived in the mail so I'll be using it now!

I noticed something weird - when I went to delete the fake tik update from Data Management, on my Wii U it showed as "???". But on my son's Wii U, it showed as "Zelda Breath of Wild Update".

Both Wii U's had the game/update installed from the exact same set of files using the same method.

Mines was ??? too. This is with coldboot haxchi.

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
I noticed something weird - when I went to delete the fake tik update from Data Management, on my Wii U it showed as "???". But on my son's Wii U, it showed as "Zelda Breath of Wild Update".

Both Wii U's had the game/update installed from the exact same set of files using the same method.

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
Are you running custom DNS servers? Is your Wii U even connected to the internet? :P

Yes, but when I launched the game earlier today (when I still had the fake tik update installed), the Wii U downloaded the 156MB update, I just got the error code when it tried to install. Now the Wii U isn't even attempting to download the update.

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, but when I launched the game earlier today (when I still had the fake tik update installed), the Wii U downloaded the 156MB update, I just got the error code when it tried to install. Now the Wii U isn't even attempting to download the update.

Either it's auto-installed for you (unlikely given 1.0.0), or go to download management on your home menu and delete it. It still remains on the console after the failed install inside download management. Clicking it within download management will probably install it.

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

thank you... downloading right now... i must be blind or retarded.....

if you can help me with this too.... what version of nusgrabber works?

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
Either it's auto-installed for you (unlikely given 1.0.0), or go to download management on your home menu and delete it. It still remains on the console after the failed install inside download management. Clicking it within download management will probably install it.

Nothing listed under Download Management, and under Data Management I just see a 2188MB update, which I assume is the 1.0.0 Venom one

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
Nothing listed under Download Management, and under Data Management I just see a 2188MB update, which I assume is the 1.0.0 Venom one

Either delete the venom update, reinstall from SD card, and try rebooting the game again, or download through something like Wii U USB Helper/uTikDownloadHelper and get the update with the patch rolled in.

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
Either delete the venom update, reinstall from SD card, and try rebooting the game again, or download through something like Wii U USB Helper/uTikDownloadHelper and get the update with the patch rolled in.

Yeah I'm downloading with uTik now, just taking ages, wondered if there's a way in the meantime to grab the much quicker/smaller 156MB update

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
something i dont understand yet....
after i install venom update....
i must go online to download the zelda update from eshop??

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
something i dont understand yet....
after i install venom update....
i must go online to download the zelda update from eshop??

Yes. If online when booting the game it will download a 156mb patch. Either do this or redownload the update from a NUS application for the patch rolled into one.

If your game main menu says v1.1.0 you are up to date.

Reactions: trigao
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to