Homebrew WiiU vs SNES Mini emulation

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that isnt even not64, thats my wii64 beta 1.2 build from here:
https://github.com/FIX94/Wii64/releases

This was released long before November though, I definitely got it in October. So now I'm really confused.

Edit: NVM, I know what happened, the release of Not64 I had is gone. I replaced it in my not64 folder in my wii apps because Wii64 was randomly updated after so much time and now better than the latest not64 build at the time. And the Not64 Wii U channel still forwards to my not64 apps folder. Guess I didn't see any reason to change the channel once I got that. Still there was a build of Not64 with gamepad support, I wouldn't have the Wii U channel otherwise.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

linkchidori

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is the build: http://www.mediafire.com/file/iilcf0kr92vak7p/not64.zip
And here are pics of the icon and banner on my Wii U, sorry I deleted the installation files long ago not realizing Chaosgamez would go down and that some things might have only ever have been posted there. As I recall this may not be an official release of Not64, but was certainly based on the latest build at the time (was around October 2017 I believe), and again works on the Gamepad and with overclocking.

fX9s51o.jpg
rdA51S7.jpg

Wii64 1.2 was released some time ago, this has better compatibility than Not64, its faster and it has an initial Texture pack compatibility, you can download it here:

Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
Wii64 1.2 was released some time ago, this has better compatibility than Not64, its faster and it has an initial Texture pack compatibility, you can download it here:
Doesn't run Super Mario Star Road, lags incredibly bad in SM64 Last Impact even when overclocked on vWii. Even has crashes that only occur on old emulators. You literally can't say there's better compatibility.

linkchidori

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Doesn't run Super Mario Star Road, lags incredibly bad in SM64 Last Impact even when overclocked on vWii. Even has crashes that only occur on old emulators. You literally can't say there's better compatibility.
It has better compatibility in some instances, it may not be much, but the improvement is still there, i should have pointed that

Ps: Thats weird, i remember playing a bit of Star Road in Wii64, idk if im wrong though

Last edited by linkchidori,

Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
It has better compatibility in some instances, it may not be much, but the improvement is still there, i should have pointed that

Ps: Thats weird, i remember playing a bit of Star Road in Wii64, idk if im wrong though
Older versions of Wii64 did run Star Road, but the latest one crashes after the logo I think. I tried both versions and neither worked.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you were to softmod one of the two console in order to play games from various systems, up to maybe the PS1, wich one would you use?
The answer is very simple: The storage on those mini consoles is limited and not expandable. That's why I was never interested in getting one of those.
A few friends have them and it's cool to hack them in order to get more SNES games on them but especially when you're talking about systems like PS1 you can't really put many games on it.
On a Wii U, that has many controllers, many emulators, many great other homebrew apps and the ability to even play many GC, Wii and Wii U games, it should be clear what's better.

Reactions: Willsito_GG

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The answer is very simple: The storage on those mini consoles is limited and not expandable. That's why I was never interested in getting one of those.
A few friends have them and it's cool to hack them in order to get more SNES games on them but especially when you're talking about systems like PS1 you can't really put many games on it.
On a Wii U, that has many controllers, many emulators, many great other homebrew apps and the ability to even play many GC, Wii and Wii U games, it should be clear what's better.
It depends on whether SNES emulation is the primary goal

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you were to softmod one of the two console in order to play games from various systems, up to maybe the PS1, wich one would you use?
I'm guessing the WiiU is more powerful, but the snes mini's bult in emulator is really good.
I would softmod both, but probably use the SNES Classic, due to the better interface, and nostalgia reasons.
That being said a Raspberry Pi 3 beats both, and you can get a NES-inspired case for it: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ele...ld-Skool-Tools-Plastic-RPI-3/32831052081.html
BTW, there's already a SNES model called the SNES Mini so I'm not sure why everyone is calling the new one that.
That used to be true but Hakchi has USB Host support now so you can plug in USB drives with an USB-OTG cable.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Severino
D

Deleted-351540

That being said a Raspberry Pi 3 beats both, and you can get a NES-inspired case for it: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ele...ld-Skool-Tools-Plastic-RPI-3/32831052081.html
I agree 100%. However, unless you intend to put heatsinks on your Pi and a fan in that case, I wouldn't use that case at all. It's fairly notorious for overheating Pi3 boards.

I have my Pi3 in an original SNES. I have original gamepad support as well as a USB hub where the cartridge slot is. Eventually this summer I really want to buy a bunch of empty SNES carts and NFC tags and start making the mod for that so when you put a cartridge in it will load that game automatically.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, hey there buddy chum pal friend buddy pal chum bud friend fella bruther amigo pal...