Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
so im guessing even with a blank config fine goldeneye jap shoudl work perfectly?
That's exactly what I just did.

Only leaving UseTimer = 1 and RetraceByVsync = 1 since otherwise the emulation stuters and lags

Reactions: KiiWii

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's exactly what I just did.

Only leaving UseTimer = 1 and RetraceByVsync = 1 since otherwise the emulation stuters and lags
so my guess is that the adresses might be hardcoded in the emulator itself and the adresses on the ini files are just for show.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
so my guess is that the adresses might be hardcoded in the emulator itself and the adresses on the ini files are just for show.
I honnestly don't know... and since I cannot gey to the ram whilst using cafiine, I couldn't see ehat is in memory with another rom.

I wonder if editing ROM's header to a different code could change something... then the hard coded hypothesis could be realistic. I will try something... BRB

Don't put hopes on me, I'm trying, but I know it is doomed to fail, I am not an hacker...

We'll see if I could at least find something...

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Well, believe it or not, editing roms header to match japanese goldeneye header ALMOST fixed the game!

All textures appeared correctly, but the game crashed at DAM anyway!

Reactions: ShadowOne333

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Snes games that I tested via Fix94's Snes injection app, and I do have results, the problem is that this thread title wouldn't implicate Snes VC either, unless a mod where to change it to include Snes in the title. Again, I've results, but I doubt they'll prove useful -_-

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I have Snes games that I tested via Fix94's Snes injection app, and I do have results, the problem is that this thread title wouldn't implicate Snes VC either, unless a mod where to change it to include Snes in the title. Again, I've results, but I doubt they'll prove useful -_-
Let's just assume it's "general" VC injection lol.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's just assume it's "general" VC injection lol.

Ah, but will everyone, OP included, assume it's the same though? I don't want my posts to be deleted for being "off topic", but once again, I don't know how useful these results will be for anyone involved when I do post them, that's all. Sorry I'm being negative, just want to be sure.

Edit: Will update this post with test results

Edit 2: Posted below are the results of my Snes injection tests, I used Donkey Kong Country as a base as it is 4 MB in size, and as long as the two 6 MB ROMs aren't injected, it shouldn't lock up the console or VC. All ROM sizes between 4 megabits to 32 megabits (512 KB to 4 MB) were tested, and there are more I plan on testing ^_^ Some games, even those that didn't exceed that size didn't work for reasons I don't know, I'm avoiding all games that used enhancement chips (Cx4, S-DD1, DSP-1, Super FX, Super-FX2, SA-1, etc) for the sake of consistency. Well that, and they don't work either. But as for the other ones, why I had audio glitches in some, missing effects in another, this tells me that either Nintendo's emulator is incomplete, or the method of injection isn't perfect yet, or both. But results are results and hope they prove to be useful :P

Working
Bahamut Lagoon
Brain Lord
Bubsy II
Chaos Seed
Chrono Trigger
Earthbound
Emerald Dragon
Final Fantasy V (J)
Final Fantasy VI (Uncensored Edition)
Front Mission
Front Mission: Gun Hazard
Inspector Gadget
Mega Man 7
Rockman and Forte
Secret of Mana
Seiken Densetsu 3

Working w/issues

Breath of fire 2 (Re-translation) - Infinite new game menu loop
BS Chrono Trigger Music Library - Lavos scream incorrectly emulated
Clay Fighter - Minor sound issues
Earthworm Jim 2 - Missing sound effects
Secret of Evermore - Missing audio channels
The King of Dragons - Incorrect reverb, possibly ADSR-related

Not working
Aladdin
Animaniacs
Breath of Fire 1
Brutal: Paws of Fury
Contra Spirits (NTSC-J)
Cool Spot
Demon's Crest
Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodious
Jurassic Park
Jurassic Part 2
Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen

Last edited by the_randomizer,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My eyes :wacko:

Figured I'd throw these into this thread too.

Injecting into: Super Mario Kart (512KB ROM) (DSP-1 chip)

Working:
Bike Daisuki! Hashiriya Damashii - Riders Spirits (Japan)
Lock On

Not Working:
Paper Boy 2
Super Mario World
F-Zero
Pilot Wings (Main menu works, missions black screen)
Super F1 Circus Gaiden (Japan)

Injecting into: Super Metroid (3MB ROM)

Working:
super mario world
street fighter 2
mortal combat
contra 3
mega man x
zelda alttp,BS zelda alttp remix
BS f-zero 2 gp
super star wars; all 3
final fantasy 2
ninja gaiden trilogy (needed to use the f1 version since I have a pal wiiu)
hong kong 97 (thanks avgn for making me try this)
super castlevania 4
super ghouls n ghosts
super double dragon
super punch-out
kirbys avalanche (eu ghost trap worked, us was region locked)
kirbys dream course
terminator, terminator 2
tetris attack (only f1 version works, get piracy screen otherwise)
tetris 2 (only f2 version works, get piracy screen otherwise)
worms (to press stuff in the menus you need to use select)
akumajou dracula xx
espn speedworld
f1 roc race of champions
gt racing
test drive 2
tmnt turtles in time
sim city
micro machines, micro machines 2
mario paint (joystick hack h8 runs great :D)

Not Working:
yoshis island
super mario all-stars
smw+super mario all-stars
super mario kart
mega man x2,x3,7
rockman and forte (4mb)
bigger kirby games (4mb)
donkey kong country games (4mb)
chrono trigger (4mb)
terranigma (4mb)
killer instinct (4mb)
starfox/starwing
starfox 2 beta
doom
wolfenstein 3d
final fantasy 3U,5J
earthbound
earthworm jim
BS zelda 1 remake
pilotwings (full console crash)
super noahs ark 3d (had to try)
sim city 2000
super bomberman
street fighter 2 turbo

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well DK country is 4mb so you probabl can run all games metroid inkection can and more.

Well, that's just it, the games Fix94 ran via Super Metroid didn't run through me via DKC, why, I don't know. Take for instance, when I injected Super Castlevania IV in DKC, it refused to boot, however, looking at Fix94's post, it worked fine for the same game, so I don't know why some games work with DKC, and others don't.

Super Metroid injection:
Games like Contra 3, Mega Man X, etc work fine, but using the same ROMs via DKC, the same ones don't work, so something weird's going on; maybe the different Snes games use different versions of Nintendo's Snes emulator. But not once today did I use 6 MB ROMs, all were within .5 to 4 MB in size. I don't know how one would be able to investigate why some games work and other do.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im guessing it really depends on the VC rom then maybe ry to inject the ones that didnt work for fix in your DKC rom and tell your results? :P

Yeah, I'll try a different template, Super Metroid seems to be another one I can test tomorrow, that, and some games have jacked up sound (even some with missing sound channels), maybe they'll fare better on the other VC channels, heh :P

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah, I'll try a different template, Super Metroid seems to be another one I can test tomorrow, that, and some games have jacked up sound (even some with missing sound channels), maybe they'll fare better on the other VC channels, heh :P
if you tryed to inject a rom bigger than the 4mbs all tests you made afterwards are null becuase once you tryed a rom bigger than 4 mbs you desynced the entire emulator so make aure all your tests were done not after a 4mb has been injected.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you tryed to inject a rom bigger than the 4mbs all tests you made afterwards are null becuase once you tryed a rom bigger than 4 mbs you desynced the entire emulator so make aure all your tests were done not after a 4mb has been injected.

No, please reread what I said above, I never tested anything about 4 MB except for those two times I did by accident, but aside from that, I never once did it again, all ROMs I test have been between 0.5 to 4 MB, but that doesn't matter, because some games were still broken as hell when it came to audio or simply refused to boot at all. Even when it was less than 4 MB or 3 MB or whatever, it refused to boot, just a black screen, as posted in my test results above; the reason I mentioned Super Metroid is because some games that don't work via DKC seem to work fine in Super Metroid as a base. If my words confused you, I apologize, that wasn't my intent.

I will sum up my results below:

Donkey Kong Country is 4 MB in size, all the ROMs I've tested never exceeded this size, but regardless of this, not all ROMs within the limit worked.
I will be testing Super Metroid next, which is 3 MB, as some of the games that didn't work with DKC seem to inject just fine

That's what I've been trying to say, it was only those two times I accidentally loaded those two 6 MB ROMs, other than that, I've been careful about what file sizes, and still not every ROM loads perfectly. Why, I really don't know.:wacko:

Reactions: fiveighteen

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No, please reread what I said above, I never tested anything about 4 MB except for those two times I did by accident, but aside from that, I never once did it again, all ROMs I test have been between 0.5 to 4 MB, but that doesn't matter, because some games were still broken as hell when it came to audio or simply refused to boot at all. Even when it was less than 4 MB or 3 MB or whatever, it refused to boot, just a black screen, as posted in my test results above; the reason I mentioned Super Metroid is because some games that don't work via DKC seem to work fine in Super Metroid as a base. If my words confused you, I apologize, that wasn't my intent.

I will sum up my results below:

Donkey Kong Country is 4 MB in size, all the ROMs I've tested never exceeded this size, but regardless of this, not all ROMs within the limit worked.
I will be testing Super Metroid next, which is 3 MB, as some of the games that didn't work with DKC seem to inject just fine

That's what I've been trying to say, it was only those two times I accidentally loaded those two 6 MB ROMs, other than that, I've been careful about what file sizes, and still not every ROM loads perfectly. Why, I really don't know.:wacko:
i understood that what i mean is after those 2 times you injected bigger roms did you continue testing? like trying anothe smaller room without exiting VC game.

Fix tryed to do a 4mb inject on super metroid wich didnt worked and next he tryed mortal kombat without exiting the VC and it was missing textures and such so after he exited VC and gone back in he reinjected mb and it was working fine. what i mean is if you ever try a bigger rom you need to exit VC or else the emulator will glitch up if you continue to try smaller rooms without actualy exiting.

And yes i know some roms dont work that is to be expected i guess it depends on how each game is coded.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i understood that what i mean is after those 2 times you injected bigger roms did you continue testing? like trying anothe smaller room without exiting VC game.

Fix tryed to do a 4mb inject on super metroid wich didnt worked and next he tryed mortal kombat without exiting the VC and it was missing textures and such so after he exited VC and gone back in he reinjected mb and it was working fine. what i mean is if you ever try a bigger rom you need to exit VC or else the emulator will glitch up if you continue to try smaller rooms without actualy exiting.

And yes i know some roms dont work that is to be expected i guess it depends on how each game is coded.

Sorry for the confusion, that was my bad. Anyways, you mean I should try to load a game, if it fails, exit the VC, load it back up and try the failed ROM again? I haven't tried that, actually, and it is a good idea ^_^ I'm making a Google Docs spreadsheet of all my test results for better organization right now, and then add to it as I test more ROMs, differing VC templates and so forth :P

I'll keep the VC ROM injections up to their limits.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry for the confusion, that was my bad. Anyways, you mean I should try to load a game, if it fails, exit the VC, load it back up and try the failed ROM again? I haven't tried that, actually, and it is a good idea ^_^ I'm making a Google Docs spreadsheet of all my test results for better organization right now, and then add to it as I test more ROMs, differing VC templates and so forth :P

I'll keep the VC ROM injections up to their limits.
only if said games was a bigger rom else you dont need to exit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Not having any animal protein will have that effect on ya