Hacking WiiU game dump's list and nfo

Imparasite

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
wow tnx for the info people im starting to collect wii u games :D you'll never know when the exploits comes, still excited for smash 4 im thinking buying the physical copy of it :)

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow tnx for the info people im starting to collect wii u games :D you'll never know when the exploits comes, still excited for smash 4 im thinking buying the physical copy of it :)
Unless you have a really poor internet connection or a bunch of hard drive space that you hate staring at, there's no point in downloading these games in hopes that an exploit will be released. When it does, chances are it won't be sudden, so you'll have plenty of time to prepare when they announce it.

Imparasite

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Unless you have a really poor internet connection or a bunch of hard drive space that you hate staring at, there's no point in downloading these games in hopes that an exploit will be released. When it does, chances are it won't be sudden, so you'll have plenty of time to prepare when they announce it.

yeah i know downloading 20+gb's is pain in @ss, downloading that big gb's is not problem for me it takes 1hr to finish it, actually i almost got it all except for the newest released, HDD spaces is not a problem though, the only problem left for me is the exploits but i can wait, or maybe i will pre-order wii u key :) just doing it for my kids whom loving playing mario games and sonic :) the only game i wanted to play is smash 4 :D

nonameboy - google is your friend :)

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to talk about how piracy affects consoles, we have threads for that. And I would be glad to link you. Do not use this thread to attack other members for their opinions.

Also remember double posting is against the rules as well.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sorry for the noob question, but what is ODE and what does it actually enable?

ODE = Optical Drive Emulator e.g. it Replicates a disc drive. In this case you have the disc image read from the HDD instead of the original drive. It enables the same things available to the drive. It doesn't allow any unsigned code, etc. unless Wii U hardware made it possible via a bug or overlook in their case.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
ODE = Optical Drive Emulator e.g. it Replicates a disc drive. In this case you have the disc image read from the HDD instead of the original drive. It enables the same things available to the drive. It doesn't allow any unsigned code, etc. unless Wii U hardware made it possible via a bug or overlook in their case.

That's a very interesting point.
I am wondering: So theoretically we can create an ODE for every system, even PS4 or X-1, without even knowing the encryption keys?
Also, why nothing has been done to the vita so far? why not even a ODE-like vita card emulator?
Is PS3 probably the last hackable console??

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
When installing Wiikey U for the first time the unique drive key for the console has to be obtained - which only needs to be done once - and can be done with software.

This is the intresting part according to me

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
i would have thought it would find the drive key for you. or some ode are compatable without needing the drive key. (maybe not for the wii u tho)

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol yeah I'm sure these games will light up the torrent sites when/if a hack is released lol.

But that's the point of piracy so you can get all the bad games for free. The good ones like Smash Brothers, I'm going to buy anyways.

Torrents for these games are all ready floating around.

I already bought most of them, and getting two more when I buy two copies of Mario Kart.

Comcast in my part of the country is capping people at 300GB. It's better to try to use all of that when you can or it goes to waste, no rollover.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really am cringing at this thread, and how everybody is freaking out about 23.3GB ISOs. Is it not common sense that if the eShop download, which is THE EXACT SAME GAME as what you'd get on a disc, that without all the zeros and padding, it will be roughly that size? All that number means is that is how much the actual disc can hold. It's like comparing Wii ISOs to WBFS files, the ISO is the full disc, the WBFS is just the files with no padding.

If you would like to know, I managed to download a supposed torrent for this, and glancing through the hex, it LOOKS legit, though that doesn't speak for whether it actually is/if it's corrupted like the avengers is. I then LZMA2 compressed it and got it from 23.3 GB (25,025,314,816 bytes) to 4.04 GB (4,349,131,023 bytes), so it's not going to be as difficult to obtain copies once they're widespread as everybody's making it out to be.

And if you're wondering about having software exploits, then you're not going to have to wait much longer, but I would strongly advise leaving whatever WiiKey U nonsense alone. I never liked hardware-based exploits, at least with software you have reliability, and besides, software you wouldn't have to pay for, you just download it and use it, unlike having hardware be shipped to you, if it got damaged you have to send it back, all this nonsense. It doesn't matter how good it claims to be, with software once you're in, you're in for all eternity for that version of software/setup, and you can do whatever, and it doesn't take nearly as long and there are no external factors.

aphiliac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you would like to know, I managed to download a supposed torrent for this, and glancing through the hex, it LOOKS legit, though that doesn't speak for whether it actually is/if it's corrupted like the avengers is. I then LZMA2 compressed it and got it from 23.3 GB (25,025,314,816 bytes) to 4.04 GB (4,349,131,023 bytes), so it's not going to be as difficult to obtain copies once they're widespread as everybody's making it out to be.

This is quite interesting since it means that the wiiu discs are not filled with random junk like the wii since it is highly compressible. It also means that the probable compressible junk on the disc is not encrypted if did not need any decryption before compressing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hiiiiii