Gaming Wiitabs safe?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't see the added value in that website (tabbed browsing? you probably use a waaaaay outdated browser if your browser doesn't have it). And with the exception of the name, I don't see any relation to the wii itself whatsoever. Oh, and it uses some sort of unoptimized version of flash (it crashed twice on me...and I had to stop the script or it would've crashed a third time...all within 5 minutes).

But on-topic: I don't know much about browser technology, but I wager it's possible. It's a browser-in-browser program, so it basically asks for your input (the site), then goes and fetch that site for you within their site. If they're handy with HTML, they simply fetch the markup of the requested site and capture the login/password credentials you enter. I'm not saying that is what they're DOING...but it's not impossible.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wever said:
I don't see the added value in that website (tabbed browsing? you probably use a waaaaay outdated browser if your browser doesn't have it). And with the exception of the name, I don't see any relation to the wii itself whatsoever. Oh, and it uses some sort of unoptimized version of flash (it crashed twice on me...and I had to stop the script or it would've crashed a third time...all within 5 minutes).
It's supposed to be used by the Wii Opera browser, which doesn't have tabs IIRC.

DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dont see how Wiitabs could gather any personal info, unless of course you input it.
wink.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think they'll be stealing your info BUT that doesn't mean it can't be sniffed by other people. I'd suggest not using it for secure logins. Or the Wii at all.
If its just a Pass for a forum then go ahead, that doens't really matter.

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if I'm already logged on? Can I use it after I log in and theres 0 chance they can steal my password?

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best option: Don't use it at all, why the hell are you browsing on a Wii, get a PC.
No PC (Wtf are you doing in 2011, gtfo back to 1990) option: Avoid it, never input anything more important than a game forum login, change your password at some other PC (School, library, whatever) to something you never use anywhere else.
Retard option: Use this and login to your bank account.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up