WiiSystemmenu wadpatcher

webyugioh

OP
Trophies
Website
www.free-ftp.org
XP
Country
Superken7 has posted an app for patching WAD files to remove IOS37's Trucha blocking. Here is a translation of the original post on ElOtroLado...

QUOTE said:
Hello everyone

Here is my small contribution

for the lazy
this tool patches the updated wad that prevents the loading of ISOS patched by trucha signer.
This tool patches the .WAD in the systemmenu in particular the WiiSystemmenu-vXXX.wad.

initial problem:
in a short amount of time nintendo through media updates issues the famous IOS37 which prevents isos from being loaded that were previously patched with trucha signer.

Solution:
To stop this and because there is no other tool like this, i have taken a few days to create a wadpatcher. You can patch your wiiSystemmenu and subsitute it with one compatible with trucha signer so we can once again load our isos. I mainly did this so i can play mario kart without issues. At the moment i have tested it with Naruto Clash of the Ninja Revolution PAL and it works.

Usage:
Useage is very simple: Basically we have to extract the RVL-WiiSystemmenu from your update partition using trucha signer (it's in your _sys directory),patch the archive with the wadpatcher and place the patched version back into your iso. The wadpatcher will notify you of what version the iso has before patching and will allow you to use another version (I recommend 30). Sorry, this does not directly patch the iso, i did this in a very short amount of time and i am busy with my exams. Eventually i may make a new version that will auto patch but for the moment, you need trucha signer.

If the linux binary gives you problems, then simply compile your own. All you have to do is use the makefile in the archive. If the binary doesn't work you can also optionally try the command: apt-get install build-essential libssl-dev

Greetz:
Special thanks to Waninkoko for the tools
xt15 for the motivation
also thanks to Kap and togashi

Source: Wiinewz

Also, from the author of the program Superken7

QUOTEas the author of this tool, i think you should add the following to the translation:

ONLY USE THIS TOOL IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, ENTERING AN IOS VERSION WHICH YOU DONT HAVE INSTALLED WILL EVENTUALLY BRICK YOUR WII.

thanks,
=D thats all

Download

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
ONLY USE THIS TOOL IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, ENTERING AN IOS VERSION WHICH YOU DONT HAVE INSTALLED WILL EVENTUALLY BRICK YOUR WII.

That sounds dangerous.

Waninkoko's patcher patched games to use older IOS revisions. From what I understand, this patches the Wii System Menu itself (within a game disc, not from the Internet) to use older IOS revisions.

This is extremely useful if Nintendo decides to release a new Wii System Menu with lots of cool features but you don't want IOS37.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I would not use this tool if I were you.

This tool seems (the explanation is not good in the readme) to replace the IOS37 content by an IOS30 content, but leaving the same filename, letting the file beeing installed on the Wii as if it were an IOS37.
The problem is if IOS37 has some new code for the Wiimenu that IOS30 desn't.
When a game need the IOS37 and will ask for it, the Wii will give the IOS30 data.

IOS30 is an old firmware, there are some IOS36 before 37.

To block any update I most likely use WBB or WUM or edit the update.inf to disable some file, but not replace file content with another one into the Wii.

Edit :
maybe it's easier to only modify the TMD of the game to tell it need another IOS, and test if it's working.

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
paul1991 said:
So people that have updated can't do this?
Awsome! They told me I was silly for staying at 3.0!

No everyone can when there is a new system menu update. And it only is usefull if there is a new system menu update that uses IOS37+.

Cyan said:
I would not use this tool if I were you.

This tool seems (the explanation is not good in the readme) to replace the IOS37 content by an IOS30 content, but leaving the same filename, letting the file beeing installed on the Wii as if it were an IOS37.
The problem is if IOS37 has some new code for the Wiimenu that IOS30 desn't.
When a game need the IOS37 and will ask for it, the Wii will give the IOS30 data.

No this tool changes the IOS version the system menu requests from the console when it is run (obviously every time you boot your wii...).
Since you are messing with a system component you can very easily brick your console (and by brick I mean completely stop working...).
Nobody knows what might happen to "patched" consoles and if the new system menu really uses a function/API new to the IOS version
your console will be very likely bricked...

QUOTE(Cyan @ Apr 7 2008, 09:38 AM)
maybe it's easier to only modify the TMD of the game to tell it need another IOS, and test if it's working.

Waninkoko's IOS patcher already does that...

Conclusion:
Currently there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to use this tool. I still highly doubt that Mario Kart will ship with the feared system menu update.
And if it really does the first attempt should be to change the IOS version the game uses and remove the system update from the __update.inf.
In the worst case you have burned a coaster but that's rather cheap compared to new wii...

If that fails you can think about using this tool... it's the choice between an untouched firmware or patched games and the homebew channel...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
bailli said:
No this tool changes the IOS version the system menu requests from the console when it is run (obviously every time you boot your wii...).

ah, ok.
I didn't understood that.

Edit :
After reading the source, it seems it only modify the TMD version of the WAD, so it will not be installed to the wii (it has to be already present on the Wii).
The other updated files and the game ID will be written to the Wii, but not the Wiimenu file.
Let's hope the installed file does not need the new wad functionality too.
It's easier and better to use brickbloquer or WUM as it works without any problem.

vv_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think that everyone should read carefully the Bushing answers in the original thread : http://wiinewz.com/forums/nintendo-news/67...wadpatcher.html

bushing said:
This is a dangerous utility, and it hasn't been tested.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc